Chapter 74: The Truth Untold

*JACKSON'S P.O.V*

Dirty Chicken.

The neon sign flashes as I park in the same spot I did when Ashley was with me. She's been calling my phone non stop ever since she realized I left so I put her on mute.

I sigh. "Let's hope Frank can follow directions"

" Hey Boss," Jimmy walked up to my car. " Long time no see"

  " Boss?" I turned around to see who he's talking about.

  He grins.

I clear my throat. " I see you finally earned a vest" 

" Yes sir," He agreed. " This way please"

I follow him to the room where Aiden and Zara was supposed to be staying. Zara is tied to a chair. A scringe in her neck. Aiden is nowhere to be seen.

  " What the hell?" I glare at the scringe.

    " Jimmy," A rough voice snarled. " Do you want me to demote you? Take that needle of of her neck boy"

  " Sorry sir..," He looks at me. " She was awake the whole time I swear but when she heard—"

   " SHUT YOUR MOUTH NOW" Jeff snapped then gripped his heart shaking.

  I narrow my eyes.

   " Sir!" A young woman runs out in a tight white dress. She slips a pill in his mouth and he swallows.

   "Brendon!" He growls. " Bring forth the commanders as witness and a knife"

 Three men walk in. One was wearing a purple suit. 

   " Is purple the only color you wear Santiago?" I half joke. 

He smirked. "¿Qué quieres decir? those unpaid pleasers practically wet themselves when I wear purple"

   The man next to him scoffs. 

     " I'm Marco Vera of the New York Mafia at your service" One of the men stepped forward to shake my hand, I nod.

   " I'm Charles Joseph, sir," Someone that looks to be in the same position as Jimmy steps forward. " Donatello couldn't make it so he sent me in his stead"

   " What is this?," I look at Jeff. "The three O's in one place, what's going on"

      Brendon reappears with a knife.

      I reach for my weapon.

      " No need for that" Jeff mumbles, slicing his palm open with the knife.

       I step back. " No. Sir No" 

       He looks at me blankly. " Now Jackson we have a lot to talk about but first thing's first. Are you gonna make this easy or hard?"

  I look down. I thought I was free...I should've known. It makes me sick that I used to want this.

 " Why can't Jimmy do it?" I ask. The room erupts in laughter.

     I look at Santiago. His purple suit makes his honey colored skin stand out. He looks like a prince. And a pimp.

    " Nah amigo, I look after women. No me gusta working with men" He pretends to shiver.

        Great.

 " Jackson, this is what you've been training for. I know i've embarrassed myself in front of you and my daughter but trust me you'll want to do this when I explain" The boss —no Jeff held out the knife.

   " So explain first" I counter.

     " I have huntington's disease," He confessed. " I've had it for a while now but it just gets worse over time. I didn't want to be in a Hospital so I forced doctors to get me strong drugs to prolong the inevitable. My time has come and so has yours."

  I bow and take the knife. It's in my blood. I have to follow orders. 

     I slice my palm like he did his and we shake hands, our blood intertwining. "Jackson Miller I've taught you everything I know ever since you were little. We don't have the same genes but you are my kin. This family is made up of one blood and will always be. I am not old but I am frail therefore I transfer my power to you. From this day on —as the commanders of different locations across the U.S witnesses, you are no longer Jackson Miller —the Boss's second in command but Jackson Miller —Mafia Boss. You may choose your second in command later to your liking."  

   After he recites these words in italian everyone in the room goes down on one knee and bows their head to show respect. This has to be done for 30 seconds.  For thirty seconds I stand dumbfounded, balling my fist so tight blood drips onto the carpet. The Woman in the white dress runs over to me and wraps my hand with a bandage. Then she goes to Jeff.

      He flashes me a sad smile. " Ashley has really changed you my son. Now you can really protect her and after hearing what i'm about to tell you —you'll want to."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Who let the dogs out?

lol if you started barking you're amazing XD

I don't wanna say much bc I might give something a way so...

   If you like this chapter (which I wrote immediately after the previous one btw, your welcome) PLEASE vote and comment. You're reactions give me life, so continue to do that :)

xOxO

gossip gurl

ok bye hahaha