Chapter 78: Alexa, play "here comes the Bride"

Previously... (honestly I suggest re-reading ch. 77 and then come back ;)

-Jackson becomes the new mafia Boss? oh my, oh my what does that mean?

-Vito Bianchi —Mafia Boss trying to take over everyone/everything, sweet guy really— is Jackson's father?!

-it's not Ashley Sunshine —it's Ashley Sulliano— but shhh

now that you've got the basics, lets go!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ashley's P.O.V*

Chapter 78: Alexa, play "Here comes the Bride"

"Excuse me, miss? you can't just stay in the parking lot"

I jump awake. "What time is it?" I roll the window down.

" Uh...it's June 12th, 8:36 pm and we need to go home" he points at the Wendy's workers standing curiously behind him.

Did I really just fall asleep?

" Okay, okay i'm going" but where?

I check my phone; six missed calls and a text

~*~

Hey girly, meet me at the Westbrook book store on 22nd Ave.

~ Zara

Call Log:

Sadie  missed (4)

Zara   missed (1)

Jackson missed (1)

~*~

Pulling out of the parking lot, I head to the bookstore while simultaneously checking my voicemail. What is going on and why do I have this weird feeling in my stomach?

" Hey Vanilla Bean...uh it's me"

My heart stops. It sounds like he's driving somewhere—no speeding— in the rain.

"Just calling to uh...check in on you, it's been an eventful couple of hours for me. Zara said she called but you didn't pick up and normally I would be panicking right now but...your car has a tracker and a camera so i'm watching you sleep right now...kind of" —he chuckled— "anyways um...I love you. Bye"

Westbrook wasn't far from Wendy's and when I pull up next to the parking meter Zara appears looking tense. I'm completely unfazed by the tracker and camera in the car talk but...I love you...really? why does it feel like he's saying goodbye though? i'm happy but sad at the same time.

  "'Sup sunshine," Zara greets me, her dark hair glistening under the street light. "follow me"

She leads me into what appears to be an average bookstore until she pushed one of the shelves and an underground passage emerged like a scene from a movie. Downstairs felt cold, gloomy and wet. We passed a number of men all dressed in black distributing weapons like they're preparing for WWiii. Finally we walk into a large bedroom with no windows of course, since we're underground, and a king sized bed. That's it, the bed is the only indication that this is a bedroom —with and adjoining bathroom.

  " What, are you gonna lock me in here?" I joke, feeling uneasy.

    She pats the bed next to her and I sit. " Truth is we might both get locked in here"

    Almost on cue the door clicks shut.

                                                                                                ~                                

It's been almost two hours since our talk started and i'm pacing the room.

 "Can you tell me...again?"

Zara shakes her head. " Which part honey?"

"The part about...Marriage"

"Oh, well in order for Jackson to truly be accepted as the Mafia Boss he'll have to have some connection to the bloodline and that's you..."

  "I— I can't believe...!"

  " Don't think of it as a political marriage. You love him right?"

  "...Yeah" 

  " And he loves you. So take one for the team" She shrugs.

"My first real boyfriend...—" I trail off.

" Your first everything if i'm not mistaking" She corrects, casually lounging on the bed with a pillow under her arm.

" A marriage that was planned without me knowing, once again my whole life seems to be planned out for me" Marrying Jackson sounds like a dream come true but...I hate not having a say.

"Ah! I think I know what the problem is" Zara jumps up suddenly enlightened.

  " You wanna...test the waters first huh?," She winked. "See what else is out there?"

I gasped, astonished. " Are you on drugs?!"

" Now, I usually don't go for girls...but I can find someone who might or maybe you want another guy? I mean the possibilities are—"

" Ahh Please stop!" I cover my ears and she breaks out in laughter.

" See? You only want Jackson...now let's find you a dress"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy guys!

I know this is short but there's literally two chapters left and this was the best place to end this one :)

as usual Vote and share you thoughts in the comments

what are you more excited for, the —maybe— marriage or the finale in general??

honestly I might just update as I finish each chapter...we'll see ;)