Chapter 27: Little Red Riding Hood

A/N: I can't hold it off any longer, things are gonna get bumpy so grab on and look for hints ;)

After Aiden left with Jackson a few minutes later I pushed myself into taking a quick shower with my new warm peach body wash gel -I swear they all sound exaggerated and exotic- and brushed my teeth before pulling out a few textbooks to begin studying. I can't believe I haven't caught up on any of my assignments. It feels like i'm at college but i'm not actually at college and that's not how things work.

I stared at my physics textbook and thought about the last time I was in that class -When Aiden and Sadie made out- before studying the Heisenberg uncertainty principle over and over again until I could type the six page essay on it without anymore research. I also -sadly- had to catch up on some math, my worse subject, before curling up in the sofa and reading my digital copy of To Kill A Mockingbird.

I was about five chapters in when a knock sounded at the door. Why is Jackson knocking when he has a key? I sighed and walked over to the door. Goosebumps covered my skin so I turned around and went to turn the AC down a bit, Jackson can wait. Screw him.

You almost did, my subconscious reminded me.

I rolled my eyes and changed the temperature settings, 50 degrees is way too cold for a dorm. Jackson pounded on the door now a bit more aggressive and I stomped my way up to the peep hole, a little irritated by him not just using his key. I grabbed the handle and the lock prepared to open it and give him a piece of my mind when something told me to check, well it was more of a feeling but I went on my tippy toe and when I did my blood ran cold.

An intense pair of grey eyes met mine almost as if they could actually see me standing there. His skin was so pale you'd think he's never seen the sun in years, his dark hair was gelled back and it was obvious he was older because his hair was greying on the sides but he somehow managed to still look sharp in his black tux. There was something about this man that made me drawn to him but at the same time alarms were sounding off in my head.

"Hello?," The man's voice was smooth and calm, but oddly familiar. " Princess you know I never did get that handshake..."

Just like that it hit me.

Princess, it doesn't sound playful like when Aiden says it or mocking like when Jackson says it just...taunting. Almost as if this man knows something I don't, heck everyone knows more than I do since Jackson -freaking- Miller won't tell me anything.

" What do you want...?" My voice trembled as I tried to recall his name. Vicro...Micro...Fito

" Vito Bianchi, principessa," He reminded me. " I won't tell you again"

"Is that italian for princess?" I moved from the door altogether. I remember the multiple emotions that washed over Jackson's features when I told him about my encounter with this man, and when we got the threat in that envelope...

Vito laughed, his voice rich as if he was truly enjoying himself. "I see Jackson has taught you well, you might just be the only person to know he's half italian"

What? I really do know more about him than I think.

" That can't be true because-"

" His boss knows obviously I mean when you saw him couldn't you tell he was...," He stopped himself and then laughed again. Not being able to help myself I looked through the peephole again and watched as his lips formed a cold smile and he looked directly at me. " Unless you don't know. You've never met him... Ha!"

Suddenly getting interested I asked. "Y-You know Jackson's boss?"

" Know him principessa i've worked with him for years! and guess what?," His voice fell into a whisper. " You just might know him too"

" Who is he?" I rest my hand on the lock once again this time more tempted than ever. What if this person isn't bad? he's worked with Jackson's boss and Jackson isn't the bad guy right? what about his boss? maybe if I knew his true identity I might just finally start getting some answers.

"Let me in and I'll tell you" His voice was a bit more sharp because he was starting to get inpatient, he looked around the hallway and checked his watch several times before looking directly at the peephole knowing I was standing right there.

I didn't know what to do. "Promise?"

He rose his eyebrows. "What, that i'll tell you or that I won't hurt you?"

" Both..." My finger shook. I knew that once I turned the lock he would hear the sound because it's pretty loud and take advantage of the door being opened before I can re-think things.

"Promise" He agreed. He might look dangerous but he also seems like a man of his words so...

" Wait...how did you know I lived here?" I asked.

He thought about his response carefully for a second. " I didn't. I knew Jackson lived here but as soon as I knocked and heard footsteps I knew it was you"

" B.S," I called him out. "Lie again and I won't let you in"

He balled his fist. " Sweetie i'm not one take orders"

" Bye" I stomped my feet and pretended to leave.

" Wait...!," He called out then brought his lips up to the glass I was looking through so I could read his lips carefully. " I have sources you wouldn't believe working for me...let me in and i'll tell you who you shouldn't trust"

I felt like little red riding hood when she was at her grandma's house and started questioning the big bad wolf. I know Vito is the big bad wolf. I don't know if he's gonna hurt me but I know he's going to give me some answers at least and it's been a long time coming. I didn't realize how much Jackson wasn't telling me until this man started giving me information and I know it's a long shot but I feel like although curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction did bring him back and I hoped that was going to happen to me as I turned the lock and the door flew open.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Well *sigh* all I can say is don't freak out.

lol comment "#PrayForVanillaBean" if you're freaked out, I hope we start a trend XD

plz remember to vote comment and fan if you want more (it will also help me win a watty) and I will try to update Asap but school is starting back soon and we all know that's gonna be hell so... #PrayForUsAll i guess

xoxo

A world where math doesn't exist.