Chapter 3 - Everything comes with a price

This chapter is rather short, but I have part of next chapter's plots ready. I might update faster after this, I'm not making any promises, though. Most of the chapters will be non-canon, and I haven't yet decided about the Generation of Miracles' changes later on in the story. I might tweak that part a bit, or even ignored it completely. I'll see how the story goes and decide then.

Enjoy~

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 3 - Everything comes with a price

Have you ever had a case in which you can't believe your eyes despite seeing what's in front of you?

Yume is experiencing that now as she stares at Momoi's bento, or at least what she assumes to be bento.

"..Sat-chan? Is this your bento..?" Yume asked cautiously as she looked up to meet Momoi's unsuspecting eyes.

"Mm! I cook it myself!" Momoi smiled proudly, her cheeks rosy in contrast to her depressing-looking bento.

Yume found herself losing her words. What is she supposed to say..? She can't let Momoi eat that and get a stomachache. How to save Momoi and not prick about her bento being inedible?

Yume smiled sheepishly. "..Sat-chan.. I don't think I can finish my bento.. Can I share with you?"

Momoi blinks, before she frowned in worry. "I can't eat a lot, too. What to do..?"

"That's fine!" Yume exclaimed, before quickly lowering her voice. "I mean.. We can just eat my bento, I want to share with you, Sat-chan.."

Did it work..? Yume warily glanced up to Momoi.

"How sweet~! Of course, Yuu-chan! I'll eat with you!" Momoi squealed in delight, before putting her bento to the side.

Yume inwardly heaved a sigh of relief. She doesn't wants Momoi to hate her if she was to nitpick on Momoi's bento, but she also doesn't want Momoi get sick eating her own bento.

"But.." Yume began hesitantly as she glanced around the place the two were in.

"Can we really eat here?" Yume asked worriedly.

Teikō Junior High strictly prohibits students eating in the school buildings, mainly classrooms and corridors. Everywhere else is fine.

Yume and Momoi are having their lunches in an abandoned, empty classroom around the 2nd Floor's corridor, by the corner. It seems no students have ever ventured here for quite a long time. Why Momoi knows this place despite being a freshman herself, Yume does not know.

"It's fine~!" Momoi chirped happily. "This class used to be the music room, but it's been unused and it just gathers dust. No one will know!"

Yume isn't quite sure about that. Abandoned or not, it still is a classroom. It wouldn't be good for a scholarship student like her to violate the school regulations.

Momoi is completely certain about it being hidden, though. Yume also likes the room, there's even an old piano gathering dust by the corner. Just this once..