Chapter 17 - An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Okay, so I've been busy with schools and whatnots. I won't be abandoning any of my stories, really. Hopefully, I'll be updating Rainbow Drops, then My Dignified Imouto. No promises there.

This chapter is rather short, and mostly interactions between the characters, but the next chapter will finally be the test results, which is a one-week skip. Then it's let's go Gakuensai~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 17 - An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Know yourself, know your enemy, and fear not the result of a hundred battles; is a notion truer to Momoi Satsuki than any other (except perhaps a certain redhead).

Statistics don't lie, and combined with what she believes to be a woman's intuition, Momoi can predict things to come and follow through properly.

This time, the pinkette's target is Miyazawa Ayumi, who has made contact with her beloved bestfriend in what she perceived to be an unfriendly meeting.

The news and rumours surrounding the long black-haired first year aren't exactly the best. There are certainly some nice rumours coupled with the bad ones, but it's why this situation is the worst.

It's easy to determine the truth when only one type of rumours is spreading, but when it's all jumbled up, it's hard to tell the fact from the lies. To further back up her suspicion, Momoi has Akashi's warning. And that speaks for the whole idea.

'This Miyazawa Ayumi... I, Momoi Satsuki, will personally research you in and out!' The pinkette's eyes burned with silent resolution. 'When I'm done with you I will have you 100% scanned!'

Aomine raised his brows at his childhood friend's antic. He is often the weird one, but even Momoi has times when she is out of sort. What was she even doing that early in the morning anyway? It's not like that the well-spoken Yume got in trouble. Or did she really?

"Speaking of which." Midorima began with a flick of his glasses. "I remember witnessing a commotion at the school gate this morning."

Under the greenhead's scrutinising stare, Momoi and Yume stilled involuntarily. Midorima frowned.

"Was it you two?" he asked in finality.

As everyone is aware, the prized shooter of the team is a punctual, strict-kind of person who believes that rules are there to be upheld. Tardiness is unacceptable, and thus he makes it a point to arrive at school 15 minutes before class started.

However, it doesn't take a genius to sidetrack the greenhead. Especially considering his competitive nature and unwillingness to admit his feelings to public.

"O-Oh, h-how's your studies going, Midorima-kun?" Yume stuttered slightly, her smile shaken but persuasive. She hopes to divert the flow of the conversation, before it reaches a certain President's ears, and it'll be too late by then.

Midorima don't disappoint. His eyes glinted with determination, reflected by the cylindrical glass he wears. "You are saying, Manai. I'm always prepared, and with Oha Asa's lucky item with me, I have nothing to fear." he flashed his - World Globe, proudly.