Chapter 30 - Admission is the first step to recovery

A little bit late, but here it is! Please tell me what you think of this development! Currently, I have no plans for Niji-Yume interactions. Any particular scenes you want to see? I may need to brainstorm for that...

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 30 - Admission is the first step to recovery

Saturday was one of the days where people were most out on the streets and shopping districts to enjoy themselves. Meaning, wherever one go, crowds of people were likely waiting. It's hard to get to where one wanted to be, and it's easy to lose sight of one's company.

And in the middle of the crowds, stood a lone brunette who was just in thoughts. So what was the aim of this outing again? The reconciliation of her and him? Well, that didn't happen nicely now.

When usually Momoi was there to mediate the difference of interests between the two, she wasn't present at the moment. Her company gravitated towards anything basketball while she was looking at books on displays.

In the first place, what were two estranged teens supposed to do when they were left on their own? While thinking of this, Yume lost sight of Aomine in the crowds.

Yes, blame her inability to focus on more than one things at once. And worse, she didn't have a cellphone. Ah, the luxury she couldn't have.

Sighing, Yume separated herself from the overbearing crowds, knowing she wouldn't find her company in it nor would she feel comfortable to be in one any seconds longer.

On the quieter side, she still couldn't see the tanned teen. Where could he disappear to? She wanted to sigh again, only to hear a quiet sniffle next to her.

"H-Hiks..." a sniffle.

Yume was standing before a water fountain, a refreshing spot, and sitting on the ledge of it was a young girl, the same ribbon-adorned girl she saw earlier.

With her guilty conscience nagging her, she prepared herself for interaction. She leaned down to the girl's eye level so as not to surprise her too much. "Hello there. Are you okay? I don't see anyone around you so I'm wondering if you're lost..." she spoke softly.

The little girl slowly raised her head at the sound, her eyes moist with tears. She seemed hesitant to answer the question from a stranger, but as the brunette patiently waited with a soft smile, she replied in low whispers.

"Daddy... I lost Daddy when I was looking at the toys in the toy store's glass display... There're many people, and Daddy's not there." she confessed with little sniffles.

"I wait here so Daddy can see me. If in the crowd, Daddy can't see." she continued, her cheeks still flushed from the crying she had done.

Although her sentences were chopped, her reasons were sound, especially for a young girl. Yume smiled and patted her head gently, easing her sniffles. "You are very thoughtful." she praised.

"Have you been crying?" she tried despite already knowing the answer.

The little girl blushed slightly, looking embarrassed. "A little..." she muttered.