Chapter 28 - Among the stillness were pounding hearts

Here's the promised update! I haven't updated in a long while because of school and assignments, I'm on break now so expect updates now and then! First off though, I have lots of entertaining activities to do as well! Books to read and games to play~! Enjoy!

This chapter is bit rushed I think...

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 28 - Among the stillness were pounding hearts

Amongst the many events of Teikō's Festival, there were several events for both guests and students alike to compete and try to win the prize. An event by the name of Quiz Corner, held by the sister of the Riddle Club, the Quiz Club, was one of these. They accepted entries on the spot moments before the start of the event itself. The participants were mostly nearby people or those who actually kept track of the events schedule.

It's one of those traditional events held every year and continued by the next generations, thus they're allowed twice the amount of general budget the other clubs were allotted. Thanks to that, the prizes they offered the winners were miles better than other clubs unless they pitched in their own wallets. The event was annually held in the square near the school gates to attract and hype the crowds.

"Good afternoon, everyone! Are you enjoying Teikō's Festival? We're now holding a Quiz Corner! There're amazing prizes to win and the entry is free! Come on, step up! Answer the questions and win the prizes! Any brave challengers here?!" a male student in an eye-catching suit yelled out from the stage, motioning for people to come.

At the announcement, Momoi's peachy orbs were sparkling and before her lips parted open, her bestfriend knew she was asking for trouble. "Hey, hey! That looks fun! Let's participate, Yuu-chan!" she tugged enthusiastically at the other girl's arm.

By now, the group of six teens had stopped and the boys were carefully watching the brunette's response to her friend. Who appeared to in quite a disagreement to the idea. "...I don't think I will. Uh, you can go with Daiki-kun? I'll cheer for you." she gave her a small smile, trying not to pull away from her grasp to avoid hurting her friend's feelings.

Walking around the festival filled with hundreds of people was one thing. Standing in front of those numbers paired with excruciating noises were just not it. Really. Yume didn't want to participate in this Quiz Corner or whatever it was.

So enlighten her as to how it ended up like this? ***

"Here we are folks! Three new entries! That completes our five pairs match-up! And let's the quiz begin!" the MC announced happily, standing to the side to show the participants behind the small desk with a red buzzer.

From left to right; Momoi and Yume, Aomine and Midorima, Akashi and Murasakibara, two female Teikō sophomores, lastly, one male Teikō senior and one male Teikō freshmen. Each with their own expressions. The excited ones were Momoi and some of the Teikō students, those who couldn't be bothered were Aomine and Murasakibara, those who were confident and amused were Midorima and Akashi, while Yume seemed like she wished she was anywhere but there.

"Let's win this, Yuu-chan!" Momoi exclaimed with joy, her face lit up and her peachy orbs sparkling in contrast to the brunette's strained expression.