Chapter 16 - Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow

This is one of the three stories updates! About Yume and Nijimura, yeah, I figured it would be cute interactions! Since Nijimura is a senpai unlike the rest, there're some scenes that only fits with the two characters.

After the tests, and few more interactions, I'm planning to write the gakuensai or Cultural Festival in Teikō for few chapters. Is that a good idea?

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 16 - Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow

Another day of school passed by, and it's almost sad to say that it's the 'usual' day where Yume had lunches together with the basketball group, then a meeting with two people from the lunch group.

Even now she can still hear those murmurs behind her back, some pointing fingers at her. All because of Akashi's and Midorima's, 'This is more practical.' reason.

That's right. It's all because the two insist on going to the Student Council office together, then the rest of the basketball group ended up going along until before said destination's door.

And, voila! Now Yume is the centre of attention within her own school. Her 'peaceful' school life had went to a place with no return. The basketball group is just too eye-catching that she ended up being dragged into the spotlight.

Where is the school life she dreamed of? Where she can read books after books, depriving Teikō's library of their knowledges, and save money with her part-time works? It's seems so far-away now, so out-of-reach for one Manai Yume.

Another sigh escaped her lips for the umpteenth times. While Yume has to admit that she is starting to enjoy the companies of the basketball guys she initially refused knowing, she still can't say they worth all the troubles, and needless attentions that came along.

Akashi, Midorima, Murasakibara, Aomine and Momoi are just too amazing that they attract eyes wherever they go, be it for their exceptional appearances, or their inherent talents. The above mentioned and the peace Yume dreamed of just don't come hand-in-hand.

Which is why, this kind of time where the brunette can spend a leisure time of quiet and solitude is truly necessary for her. With Momoi and the guys in the Basketball Club, she is free to walk home by herself, her much needed 'away from public's eyes' time.

Or at least it should be.

"You are Manai Yume, aren't you? I have something to talk about the Choir Club's budget proposal." a girl spoke in a confident and oppressive tone, standing firm in the middle of the hallway to show she means business.

If the 'Choir Club's budget proposal' is any indication, then Yume has just found herself in a predicament the redhead had likely foreseen. "Yes, I am.....and you are?" she managed hesitantly.

"Oh. Excuse me for my rudeness." The girl made a curt bow, before a smirk wormed its way to her lips.

"My name is Miyazawa Ayumi, a 1st year from 1-D, also the acting President of Teikō Choir Club. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Manai-san." she smiled pleasantly, although it felt otherwise.

Yume almost cursed inwardly. It's just one thing after another! Why can't she have her peace for just half-a-day? This has to happen when Momoi is not here, too! With how Akashi specifically warned her to keep away from the girl who is now before her, the brunette can't help but be overly cautious.