Chapter 24 - A bolt from the blue

2nd chapter~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 24 - A bolt from the blue

The bustling rowdy students were bustling from places to places with either messages or materials on hands and there was almost no vicinity in Teikō that was free from noise during this period. One would think that there was no escape. Manai Yume found it differently as she weaved her way through the crowds without actually paying attention to where she was going.

Yume was dazed. Her mind was filled with her previous exchange and she was not sure what to feel. The noisy corridors did not affect her thoughts in any ways. So distracted she was, she failed to realise that her bestfriend had been in a strangely good mood even before she found her.

Good mood is an understatement. Momoi practically had flowers blooming around her, complete with star sparkles. The huge knowing smile on her face with the occasional squeals at curiously nothing only confirmed her state of bliss. To bystanders, it appeared as if the girl was floating instead of walking.

Momoi covertly glanced at her brunette friend before she squealed loudly, earning her more than a few bewildered stares. This finally snapped the disoriented girl from her reverie. With a shake of her head, she levelled a curious stare at her pinkette friend. "..Sat-chan? Did something good happen?" she asked with bewilderment.

"Ehh? What are you talking about, Yuu-chan? I'm always like this!" she exclaimed, pretending innocence while smiling that knowing smile of hers. At her friend's suspicious gaze, she waved off her hand. "Really! It's nothing important!"

Had Yume the space on her brain to entertain Momoi and whatever silliness of hers at the moment, she would have asked further. As a matter of fact, she only quirked her brow in confusion, but pursued it no more. If it was something she needed to know then she trusted her friend to tell her.

Besides, there're lots to-do for her. For starter, Yume had to submit the clubs' paperworks to her beloved President. She had the feeling that the redhead was waiting for her at the Student Council office with that unnerving smile of his. She had to be quick since she was also needed at her class for preparations, something about an animal-cafe?

She sighed in defeat. "Sat-chan... I'll see you later? I need to give this to Akashi-kun.." she frowned unhappily, hugging the papers to her chest.

In any other situation, the pinkette would complain and insist on company. "Oh? Okay! Then I'll see you in class, Yuu-chan!" she grinned before waving her hand and skipped away like a children high on sugar, successfully confusing the brunette even more.

Yume shook her thoughts away, sighing as she did so. She did that often lately. Fate seemed intent on messing up her school life and she fell for it every single time. She refrained another sigh as she slid the door to the Student Council office. Apparently, only the person she needed to see was present.

A knowing smile crossed his features as Akashi took in the state of the girl by the door. When she finally stood before his desk, he urged her report with a simple motion. "Go on." he said curtly.

The brunette handed the paperworks she collected before she adjusted her posture. "Everything is in order, Akashi-kun. I compiled all of the events on the files." she reported.