Chapter 40 - The innocent and the beautiful have no enemy but time

Last chapter for this time around!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

-------------------
Chapter 40 - The innocent and the beautiful have no enemy but time
-------------------
Saturday, Cleaning day

The six girls seat themselves on a table located closest to the corner of the room, they gravitated towards the seats almost naturally as if unconsciously avoiding public eyes for their gathering.

None of them is sure about what to say, they are classmates so they are bound to know each other name already so there's no need for introduction. And suddenly asking them a question or telling them something seems a bit too friendly?

Well, whatever it was that is keeping the girls from speaking their thoughts, Momoi doesn't share. And like the bright cheerful she is, she starts the conversation with her own special brand of smile and cheer.

"You're Akimoto Manaka-san," she points at the bundle of nerves that was the girl who represents the girls to invite her and her bestfriend, a dark-brown haired girl with a height few inches under her brunette and a caramel-coloured eyes that looks rather sweet and appetising in a way that it reminds of the sugary treats.

"You're Shinkawa Tsumugi-san," she shifts her finger to the black-haired who stands an inch or two above the first girl, her black-hair is almost inky black and her eyes are unnatural grey colour which appears murky at first glance but is shimmering with hidden depths at a closer look.

"You're Kumamoto Anzu-san," her finger again changes direction, this time at a rather petite bright coloured female whose hair is orange, actually orange, natural or dyed, it is legitimate orange, her eyes are dark blue, and it's as if they are a stormy ocean and pulls in anyone staring at it a second too long.

"And you're Shimizu Honoka-san," she finishes pointing before putting down her finger, the last girl has a rather dull-brown coloured hair but her eyes are almost as red as a certain President which quite frankly, unnerves the brunette who is reminded of her sadist President even at the mere sight of the colour red she has found herself avoiding more lately.

"I'm Momoi Satsuki and this is my bestfriend in the whole wide world, Manai Yume, better known as Yuu-chan!" she proclaims proudly, arms already encircling the frozen girl's shoulders who turns stiff after the introduction which is more like Momoi introducing them instead of how it should be.

After that abrupt introduction, the brunette is even more unsure what to say. The other four girls are actually speechless as they blink another several times as if to get rid of an illusion. While the pinkette is all smiles with flowers blooming around her countenance. Then after what seems like forever, one by one, the four girls laugh.

"Hahaha! Bestfriend Yuu-chan, eh?" Kumamoto laughs out loud, amused by Momoi's antics and how said bestfriend had frozen stiff.

Akimoto is giggling softly, she has thought that this will be somewhat scary. At class, they often see the brunette acting friendly with the pinkette but she is always so closed off and she is kind of scared she will reject their offer to lunch. The brunette never turns people away but she never comes to them either, it's like she's creating a wall between them and some others don't think well of her because of that.