Chapter 34 - No one has ever become poor by giving

Should have posted this chapter earlier, but well... I'm more into reading than writing these days, it's kinda hard to gather my thoughts enough to actually type. I have the general plots ready, so I really only need to turn those into paragraphs. I'll try to write the next chapter and post it soon~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

-------------------
Chapter 34 - No one has ever become poor by giving

The fourth day of the meeting safely came to pass and a brunette could be found heading towards the school library after offering short farewells to her few acquaintances who were a redhead and a ravenette. It was merely courtesy of course, for she did the same to her fellow representatives attending the meeting.

A certain same-aged ravenette she had the pleasure to know wasn't excluded, and Miyazawa actually stole glances at her, appearing to have something to say. At the last moment when the brunette caught her gaze however, she blushed and turned away from the vicinity. Thus effectively cancelling whatever she had to say.

At this moment, she had deemed the occurrence to be common and simply derived slight amusement from the ravenette's blatant dismissal of her. It would take time for the girl to warm up to her because the Choir girl was simply too prideful. Although pride was a fragile thing, at least it would be one reason why said girl would carry herself with enough grace whenever the two had to work together. Failing was humiliating, that's why.

In a hurried pace, Yume returned the books she previously checked out from the library, opting not to borrow for the time being as she was pressed for the week but promising to do so later next week. To add to her list, she had her convenience store part-time work today. And she really couldn't afford to be late. Punctuality was regarded highly when you're an employee.

'Kuroko-kun wasn't in...' she noted as an after-thought. Whenever she stopped by the library, the babyblue-haired boy never failed to cross her mind.

'Ah. Kuroko-kun is in the basketball club too. He has practice,' she belatedly realised. Her image of the quiet boy was more of him in the peaceful place like the library than in the crowded gym.

Arriving at her workplace, she quickly changed to her work outfit and shifted in for the previous part-time worker, a university student in her 4th year, Suzuki Satomi. Who was lounging around the counter when she entered the convenience store.

"You're here on time as usual! Aren't you a good girl, Yume-chan?" the older girl stood up from beyond the counter to ruffle the brunette's hair adoringly. A usual scene in the store when the two were in.

Also as per usual, the younger girl huffs as she begins to push the older female out of the counter and towards the store's entrance. "Yes, I am. And Satomi-san should quicken her paces or she will be late to her class," she intoned tiredly.

In normal circumstances, Yume would have addressed the older girl by her family name, 'Suzuki-san' and she did the first few times until said woman thought it was too distant and stuffy, loudly declaring that she wouldn't respond if it wasn't her given name she was called. And since the older one was overly stubborn, she went along with it, albeit reluctantly.

"Hai, hai..." the university student let herself be pushed to the front door, nonchalantly waving back. "Young children these days... too strict with themselves...! There's nothing wrong with relaxing now and then," she mumbled, sulking as she walked further away.