Chapter 18 - The waters wear the stones

There will be a short trip before the Gakuensai, but not literally. I just feel like showing more interactions between the characters to form the bonds. Not much is known about Yume at this point, so I will be defining her as best as I can while not giving out early spoilers. Enjoy~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 18 - The waters wear the stones

After a whole week of what Aomine referred to as hellish and tortuous, the exams period officially ended. The short time after the conclusion of the tests were probably the happiest moments for all students alive.

Some are looking forward to the results, some aren't really interested, while others had given up even before the tests started. It usually depends on how well you think you will do on the exams.

When the day finally arrives for the results to be posted, Yume decided to take a little detour to a place she hasn't visited for quite a while now before she meets up with the other by the school board.

"I haven't been there since I have lunch with Sat-chan and Daiki-kun.." Yume muttered softly, a happy smile decorating her face. No matter how troubling the two are, they are her important 'first' friends after all.

When she finally reached her destination, reliefs washed over her. In the time she's not here, no one else has found the place. She places her hand at the peculiar tree's bark. Yume can tell, because the terrains are undisturbed.

*Rustle* *Rustle*

From the bundle of leaves, Yume can see a golden-yellow tuft emerging out, the very same one she is familiar with. To add to her guess, no one else in Teikō shares the same striking - and flashy, hair colour.

"Oh..." Kise muttered in slight surprise when he noticed Yume standing there. He smiles sheepishly. "Uh, sorry, Manai-chan.."

Yume inclines her head to acknowledge the boy. "Kise-kun." she greeted. Then she noticed his rather disheveled appearances.

Noticing her line of gaze, Kise laughs shakily. "Ah, this?" he suddenly sighed. "..I was chased all over... My fangirls, you see.."

Being a famous model is great and all, what's with the designer's clothes he often receives for free and the satisfying pay check for a middle schooler. However. One can never underestimates the terror of fangirls.

The boy is famous for his good-looks, as Momoi had claimed and it seems like she wasn't exaggerating. Then Yume realised something out of context in the boy's speech. "Umm.. What are you saying sorry for, Kise-kun?" she asked curiously.

Kise's eyes widen a fraction before it softened. "O-Oh.. Remember that I said I won't tell anyone of this place?"

On her first day of school, Yume was on her way to her newly-found sanctuary when she accidentally led the boy into the place - by dropping her chopsticks pouch.

After noticing the distressed look on her face, Kise then promised not to tell anyone else about the place. Now, here he is.

Yume nods slowly. "I do remember that." she spoke softly, quietly urging Kise to continue.

"...and here I am.. When I'm supposed to keep this place a secret..." Kise answered in a dejected tone, riddled with guilt by the thought that he might just led his troops of fangirls into this place.