Chapter 7 - Coming events cast their shadows before them

This chapter is mostly plots advancement, so there're few time skips. I think I will be introducing Yume into the rest of the Generation of Miracles soon, in about 2 more chapters perhaps? What's your suggestions?

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 7 - Coming events cast their shadows before them

Making a decision is never easy, and so it was for Yume, but her choice of option is limited, which makes it even harder for Yume to answer.

Yume is standing idly before the luxurious dark-wooden door, her feet shifting now and then. It's the Principal Office she's about to knock.

Yume actually wishes things doesn't have to end this way, but who is she to say? Yume's only a student here, a Special Academic Excellence Scholarship Student, with more obligations to the school compared with Teikō regular students.

With the funs Yume had with Momoi these past weeks, the matters concerning entering the Student Council had totally slipped out her mind, if Momoi hadn't remind her about it.

Momoi was talking animatedly about the Student Council election in 2 weeks time. The collection for candidates had started, and as expected Akashi and Midorima are there, running as the President and Vice President consecutively.

Hearing that, Yume can't help but remember the Principal's decree about two weeks ago. She had to give her answer soon, which is a pre-determined 'yes', seeing how she is left with no other choice.

Yume finally steeled her resolve and calmed her irregular heart beats, then she knocked.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Excuse me, Principal. I'm Manai Yume, I'm here to give my answer."

"Manai-san. Come in."

Yume lightly pushed the door, stepped inside, and closed the door behind her. She walked closer to where the Principal is sitting behind his desk and bowed curtly.

"Manai-san. I have been waiting for you." The Principal smiled, then he gestured to one of the seats by his desk. "Have a seat."

"Oh, no." Yume shook her head as she refused politely. "I'm only here to deliver my answer regarding the matters concerning the Student Council."

Yume stood quietly, pausing for a reaction from the Principal. The Principal smiles, as he patiently waited for Yume to speak, and she took that as her cue.

"..Yes."

Yume finally answered, her tone and gaze straight, unwavering. She can't back out now. She inhaled a sharp breath and steeled her gaze.

"I will run my candidacy for the Treasurer seat in the next Student Council election."

Yume spoke loud and clear, her emerald orbs hues unfaltering. The Principal is quiet for a moment, before he smiled proudly, and wide.

"You made a brilliant decision, Manai-san." The Principal hummed, clearly feeling joyful. "Oh, and before I forgot."

Yume lifted her gaze, inwardly questioning what else is there.