Chapter 37 - The existence of other people is essentially awkward

It hasn't been that long, has it? This seems to be the only story I'm updating lately and I really do need to update Rainbow Drops. Oh well. It will happen. I think I will get a chapter up for the story mentioned above before updating this story. On that note, I think this story is paced too slowly, so a speed-up is in order.

In the last chapter, I wrote Katou as 1-B's vice president, it should be Yamato, my mistake.

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

-------------------
Chapter 37 - The existence of other people is essentially awkward

Saturday in Teikō was noisy contrary to most schools which had the day off and the students leisurely enjoying themselves. The colour babyblue dominated the school grounds as well as in the buildings with its students scattered about, hands busied with mops, brooms, cleaning rags and few others. Chatters filled the air, be it mindless conversations, some jokes followed by laughters, or more frequently heard, annoyed grumbles.

Finished with her task, a certain brunette returned to her friend's side to sweep the ground around their designated area. The pinkette still had her innocent smile plastered on her face, showing that the girl wouldn't answer any questions the brunette asked of her earlier. And while she was less than delighted, she silently accepted not to talk about a certain ravenette.

Yume was only curious. Why did his name come up in the conversation? What exactly was her friend insinuating?...and most importantly, why was she blushing? Maybe the last wasn't really a question she needed answer for, it just happened because the very presence of the male flustered her, much like a certain redhead.

It seemed she still found it hard to interact with opposite gender. Even it got awkward with her supposed-brother once in a while, as rare as it was lately.

"I hope Dai-chan is cleaning properly..." Momoi muttered worriedly, her lips pursed. She knew how the boy acted about cleaning, his room spoke volumes for it.

Momoi stopped mid-cleaning, her eyebrows knitted together and concerned peach eyes resting on her friend, "He won't give too much troubles to his classmates, right, Yuu-chan?" she asked, hoping for another to assure her.

The brunette smiled, her hands holding a broom. "Daiki-kun will be fine. He may be reckless and a bit lazy, but he's not irrespon—"

"AOMINE!"

"—sible..." she finished weakly, whatever confidence she had earlier gone without a trace. There was, after all, only one Aomine in the whole school.

"GET BACK HERE!"

The angry roar rang from the yard on the other side of the building, the area 1-C was supposed to start with. It was honestly impressive how the homeroom teacher's voice rose loud enough to alert the girls considering the distance and the window glasses might have shaken in its frame. And even more so for the boy who made it happened, for he managed to escape mere minutes into the task.

As friends of Aomine, both Momoi and Yume were embarrassed for their friend's misbehaviour. They shared a sigh, long and resigned at the thought of the currently running-for-his-life navyblue-haired. It seemed getting Aomine to clean would be a life-long mission with little chance of success.