Chapter 9 - Ignorance is bliss

This is a chapter after quite a while.. I suppose I won't be updating this one often since I will be focusing on Rainbow Drops. Well, enjoy~

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 9 - Ignorance is bliss

Something fun for you might not be as fun for another. Which is why balance is important to reach an agreement for both parties.

However, things don't always turn out as expected. Sometimes, the one with stronger force wins, even with the expenses of another.

Momoi is very excited that her feet and fingers won't keep still. She hums and taps her fingers against the table following the tune.

Next to her seat, Yume is in a whole different dimension as she is so anxious that she twiddles her fingers and her feet shifts nervously under the table.

Unlike Momoi who is well-acquainted with the tanned male, Yume has just known the stranger. She fears of making the wrong remarks, or just being plainly rude by being unresponsive.

What is she supposed to talk about with boys her age?

*RINGGGGG*

The bell signalling the start of lunch break rings, and Yume's dreaded meeting is just around the corner.

"I've been looking forward to this day!" Momoi squealed in delight, her eyes sparkling. "..and to Yuu-chan's cooking!"

Yume managed a smile. Maybe she should see it from the positive side? Like having another friend..?

"Okay, GO!" Momoi pulled Yume's wrist without warning, and the latter almost lost her footing if she hadn't tried to keep up with the sudden jerk.

"Gah! Watch it!" Aomine squawked and Momoi forced a giggle. Momoi almost bumped into Aomine who was about to enter the classroom. "Yo." He lifted his hand at Yume, who bowed.

"Wh-" Aomine was about to ask where they are going when the excited Momoi pulled his arm with her other hand, humming a happy tone.

'..Sat-chan is kind of like a bull when she is excited..' Yume kept her thoughts to herself, gazing subtly at the pinkette. She stole glances at the gruff male. '..but Aomine-kun is actually behaving.. He isn't mad?'

'Anyway.. I'm honestly quite tired always getting pulled by Sat-chan..' Yume let out a sigh, - which happened simultaneously as Aomine's sigh.

The two teens blinked before turning to stare at each other. Yume smiled wryly, and Aomine returned the wistful smile. If the male that knows Momoi best is Aomine, then the female that knows Momoi best is Yume, excluding said girl's parents, of course.

That's why Aomine and Yume can relate to each other, and how hyper the cheerful pinkette can be. Also how seemingly impossible she is to be stopped.

———————————————————

For the past few minutes, Yume has been shifting restlessly while peeking to her side once in a while. Momoi is sitting in between Yume and Aomine, enjoying her lunch (Yume's courtesy), with Aomine scarfing down his lunch (which is meat-exclusive).