Chapter 14 - The spectators see more of the game than the players

This one is kind of a cliffhanger, and it's the first step Yume took towards the friends she considered troublesome. After a few more twists, I'm planning to end the First year arc at Chapter 20 and starts the Second year arc, which would be last one before, High School, if I decide to write one anyway.

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 14 - The spectators see more of the game than the players

When the much awaited Saturday comes, Yume thought that the tanned teen would be the happiest boy alive.

So when she arrived at Teikō to catch the bus along with everyone of the Teikō Basketball Club, which Momoi and Akashi has gotten permission from the Coach for, and saw Aomine's sullen expression with a bump on the back of his head, she's in for a confusion.

"Err... What happened, Sat-chan..?" Yume whispered to her seatmates and bestfriend, as the bus started its engine for a 30 minutes journey.

The basketball guys are seated at the back, while the manager, Coach and some others with non-player position sit on the front-half of the bus, including Yume.

Momoi immediately understands Yume's underlying question, after all her childhood friend's mood has plummet when he discovered what he really should have known. He's just too ignorant and stupid that it frustrates her.

She sighed. "..Base line is, First years are only to participate in matches after the 2nd Term has started, which is about 2 months from now.." Momoi explained with a tired voice.

"..And I say Daiki-kun didn't know that?" Yume replied with a nod. It's a plausible argument when Aomine didn't even know about the Student Council election which was widely booming at school.

Another sigh escaped Momoi's lips. She looks exasperated. "Yes...!" she almost-shouted. Frankly, she expected that at least her idiot for a childhood friend would know that one simple regulation before he registered for the club, but no! He just has to be that stupid, idiot basket-baka!

Teikō Basketball Club upholds one absolute rule; Winning is everything. Other than that, to preserve their amazing reputation, freshmen are to undergo basic training for the first 3 months before they are allowed to play in matches, be it official or not.

While the acceptance of the 4 freshmen to the First string is unprecedented, the simple fact that they are freshmen doesn't change, and they are to be treated equally like the other freshmen. This is done to make sure none goes out of orders.

And Aomine, being the one-track mind basket-baka he is, joins the club without a second thought only when he heard the school is renowned for having a strong basketball club. Never has he thinks of the 2nd Term regulation, or that he's told to come only to observe the match and not to partake in it.

"..This morning.." Momoi began, recalling the time when she came to Aomine's house to discover he's all awake and ready to go, which was a big shock.

———————————————————
Flashbacks...

As part of her daily responsibility, Momoi pushed open the door to the Aomine's household, her own bag on her shoulder.