Chapter 20 - Too many cooks spoil the broth

It's earlier than scheduled since I'm also interested in writing more interactions! Yume is getting closer with the Generation of Miracles, and there's tiny revelation in this chapter and the next!

As promised, next chapter is the last one before the Gakuensai. It will also be when Yume reunite with Kuroko! The gears are turning~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 20 - Too many cooks spoil the broth

About 5 minutes towards the end of her shift, the next part-timer, Ichikawa Toshio, comes in to the store. He's a 2nd year university student who lives nearby and takes the night-shift after Yume's working period.

"I'll replace you, Yume-chan. You can go with your friends." Ichikawa smiled like the mature adult he is, now having changed to his working attire.

In terms of professionalism though, Yume is not losing. "Thank you for your offer, Ichikawa-san, but I'm not off the clock until 5 more minutes. Please let me stay."

Ichikawa is used to this side of the brunette, who won't back down when it involves things she believes should be done properly. He admires for this, despite being younger, she knows her responsibilities and does them well. 

Finally, after 5 minutes had passed, Yume and the rainbow group step out of the store, each holding a blue treat in hand. It's the Gori-Gori popsicles, cheap and thus within her budget, also perfect for a refreshment with the heat starting to set in.

"Thanks for this, Yuu-chan!" Momoi chirped as she took a nibble out of her blue popsicle, she loves it.

Yume smiles at this as she nibbles on her own popsicle. "You're welcome, Sat-chan. It's a small celebration for completing the exams."

"Man! This is perfect! Summer is coming soon, eh?" Aomine took a large bite of his popsicle, shivering slightly at the cold numbing feeling.

Murasakibara had finished his popsicle in one sitting, as in one mouthful and it's gone. He's now eating chips from his snacks provision he stocked on the day. He left the sweets he just ordered on the store for his brother to pick up later on, Ichikawa has agreed to watch it for him.

Midorima is eating his cold treat slowly, without making much noise like the tanned teen. He had thank the brunette for the treat, and while he doesn't make that joyful expression, he is happy with his popsicle.

Much like Midorima, Akashi is also eating without much noise. He even had that graceful air from eating a mere popsicle. Yume wouldn't say it, but the redhead actually looks kind of cute with a popsicle in hand, and less intimidating.

"Yuu-chan, I'd love to go to your apartment, but is it really okay if we barge into your home like this?" Momoi asked worriedly, not wanting to disturb her friend's privacy.

It's this side of Momoi that Yume likes, her kind, caring nature. It's probably why she can't leave her childhood friend on his own. "Really, it's fine, Sat-chan." she smiled assuringly.

'..I just didn't want to attract attention that we'd be sure to get if we go to a public place with this group of people..' Yume sweat dropped inwardly. She can picture the nightmare of the happening, people' stares from all sides.