Chapter 38 - Hindsight is twenty-per-twenty

Anyone still reading this fic? Mm. Writing is fun since I can pretty much create a world I can only dream about but reading is very fascinating as it introduces me to many more alternate realities that escapes me. So yeah, I've been reading everything I can get my hands on in addition to life.

And this is a three-chapters updates! With more to come~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

-------------------
Chapter 38 - Hindsight is twenty-per-twenty

The cleaning for the group of friends under the watchful eyes of the Student Council President went exceptionally in order that they were done with their task with one hour into lunch break. It was needless to say, credited to the redhead who was able to persuade (if not intimidate) the members to cooperate and work as they were supposed to with a smile that appeared too kind plastered the whole time.

A certain brunette knew well that her President would somehow be the only one capable of such difficult feat of making troublemakers of different kinds working together. One boy couldn't be bothered to move, the other one couldn't stop complaining which incited another one to get that one to shut up.

It was, to say the least, an interesting experience.

Yume didn't know it at the time, but this kind of moments would later be daily activities for her in the near future. For now though, she was only relieved that the cleaning was finished and that she had one hour to herself.

First thing first, she had to escape this group, because while she adored her bestfriend and her extension friend, she could only take so much of them before it turned suffocating.

Add to that, it had been a while since Yume had a time alone when she was at school, lately it was all spent with either Momoi and Aomine or the other boys with rainbow for hair colours.

'...When was the last time I visit that cherryblossom tree? Has it bloomed yet?' she couldn't help but wonder. Spring has long passed after all.

It was a place for her to seek a refuge from the noisy and overcrowded school, her only safe haven.

...Wait, that's not quite right.

Someone else did find out about the place and she said it was okay for him to keep coming. But it's not likely to bump into him today.

"Um, Sat-chan, there's someplace I have to be... so, uh... I'm leaving?"

The way Yume said it felt more like a question than it was a statement, although it should be the latter. Momoi eyed her friend contemplatively, on one hand, she would like to keep the brunette with her, on another, she knew how her friend appreciated her rare time of solitude.

Momoi had long known that the brunette wasn't comfortable with people and loud noises, but also that she was willing to tolerate certain degrees of those to socialise with others— she couldn't let her friend isolate herself now, could she? After that though, the girl would appeared exhausted, mentally, from what she could see, and needed a 'recharge'.

But the brunette being the hesitant girl she was, would never tell off Momoi for her efforts in getting her to socialise despite that. It was something they were both aware of but never mentioned.