Chapter 44 - The journey not the arrival matters

Long time no writing! As I haven't left home for a very very long time, my inspiration is quite dried up and motivation to write is very difficult to find. This chapter has actually been done a long time ago, but I was in the middle of working on the next one and had decided against posting it before the next one is finished—it is finished!

I hope this story can help accompany all of you throughout this isolation period, because I know I have been getting increasingly frustrated these days. I read and watch a lot to stave the boredom, yet I don't really write. I will edit the next chapter soon so I can have it posted quickly.

Have a good day, and hope you all stay safe and healthy!

-------------------
NB: Although I may not reply to all the comments, I do read and like them all! Thank you for both the interests and supports for this fanfic! Stay safe and healthy everyone!
-------------------

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

-------------------
Chapter 44 - The journey not the arrival matters

Maybe it is the Heaven's way of apologising to the poor brunette that allows the remaining thirty-five minutes to pass without any further difficulties on her part. Else, the young girl may just have to contemplate jumping off the airplane with a parachute on her back if only to get away from a certain individual when her mind is far too muddled.

Thankfully, that does not happen.

The girl does, however, feels like she has suddenly aged by ten years when her shaky feet finally landed on land. The trip home that she was so looking forward to had ended up going so wrong from beginning to end. Even now, it has yet to finish. Because she has given her word, no matter how reluctant, to give the group a tour—which is becoming more and more real by the passing minutes.

As expected of the ever-efficient Student Council President, it doesn't take long for the redhead to gather informations about the shops and restaurants the other three want to visit and align it with what existing tourist spots are on the way. With help from the supposedly local brunette—though she suspects he will manage without her assistance—they quickly arrange a half-day tour around Kyoto.

The thirteen-years old girl has honey-amber hair softly cascading down her back, reaching just past her shoulder blades, the wind blows them free, unrestrained. A pair of only the softest and clearest limegreen eyes rested on her fair countenance, wide and alert, as they take in the views of the familiar sceneries that reminds her of the home she has not seen for a while. When her heart-shaped face is lowered, her caramel-brown fringes served as a curtain to her gentle eyes.

A medium-sized mint-green suitcase is held by her side, complimenting the plain, cream-coloured, slightly-above knees-length one-piece she has on. The dress is originally sleeveless, as it is designed for Summer-wear, but the the young girl is raised by her grandparents to keep propriety in the clothes she is wearing, thus she has added a short-sleeved, pastel-green cardigan with a cherry-red ribbon to complete her outfit as her dainty feet are adorned by a pair of white sandals, her little toes showing.

Next to the brunette is her bestfriend, a young girl with delightful personality and the gentle shade of peachpink. While her friend has a more womanly-build, having reached her puberty early, hers are petite, much like a still-developing girl she is. Thus, with the pinkette standing at one-hundred-fifty-three centimetres, her one-hundred-forty-eight appears even smaller, thanks to the difference in their builds.