Chapter 12 - To gamble as the dice fall

Good news~! I will be focusing on this story for the next two weeks, which means there's likely to be more updates than usual. And thanks for the interests on this story, it certainly gives me inspirations~! To thank you all, this chapter is slightly longer than usual~

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 12 - To gamble as the dice fall
———————————————————

Numerous pairs of eyes are directed to the two teenage girls who are still in a lovey-dovey scene. The sight somehow made the boys squirmed in slight discomfort.

"Hm? Isn't this a new face here?"

Momoi and Yume finally let go to turn at the voice. A male with a raven-jet hair is walking closer, next to him is a familiar redhead.

"Captain." Midorima inclined his head to show his respect.

Aomine grinned, his hand up in the air. "Yo, Cap'!"

Murasakibara only nods while he keeps on munching his treats on hands.

"Oh, senpai~!" Momoi addressed the ravenette differently, smiling amiably.

From the brief greetings her fellow first years have spoken, Yume can conclude that the unknown male before her is likely the Captain of the team, and a year or two years older than she is.

Oh, and she should introduce herself now. Yume bowed, intending to speak for herself when someone else already did.

Akashi chuckles. "Nijimura-san, this is Manai Yume. The Student Council's Treasurer."

Yume wisely refrained her brows from twitching. She could have said it herself, but she cherishes her life enough not to say.

"Ohh..! Then this is the girl who's working with Akashi and Midorima!" Nijimura noted with glee. "It's nice to finally meet you, Manai! I'm a Second year, Nijimura Shūzō." he lifts his palm.

Hearing this, Yume lifts her head and nods with a tiny smile. "It's nice to meet you, too, senpai."

Nijimura blinks, slightly bewildered. "You're a polite one, aren't you?" he noted offhandedly. Then he sighed as he rubbed his temple. "..It must be hard on you, Manai..."

Midorima twitched. Akashi smiled. Yume sweat dropped, her lips tightly sealed. In reality, working with two eccentrics are really hard, and as one with experiences, Nijimura knows it very well.

The Second year male then grins. "Are you good friends with my kōhais, Manai?" he asked in a curious tone.

The brunette shifts on her feet, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the question. Yume nods meekly. "Uh... Sat-chan and D-Daiki-kun..." she stammered Aomine's name, still not used to the sudden change.

This brought a smile to Nijimura's face. "Hoh.. Sat-chan and Daiki-kun, eh?" he echoed, amused.

The other three boys not mentioned seems to not mind Yume's confession. It is a fact that they don't really know each other well.