Chapter 4 - Threads of Fate

I'm posting a triple chapters today~ I've said it before, but I have things planned on December, so I might not be able to update in the usual pace. I've also posted the first Chapter for my new story - My Dignified Imouto. It's in about 2000 words range, a light reading. So here's the fourth Chapter, Enjoy~

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 4 - Threads of Fate

Following the decree issued by Teikō's Principal, Yume had to drag her heavy legs back to class.

She's feeling conflicted and perplexed with the Principal's 'order'. When the election came, and Yume is officially titled the Student Council Treasurer, how will it affect her regular schedules - her life?

Yume sighed dejectedly as she slides open her classroom's door. Her depression must be obvious - or her 'bestfriend' is a mother hen - because Momoi flung herself at Yume as soon as she opened the door.

"Are you okay? What happened? Why do look sad? Did he say something? W-Wait..! He DIDN'T say anything about cancelling your Special Academic Excellence Scholarship, did he?! Tell me he DIDN'T..!"

Momoi shook Yume back and forth as she shrieked in a horrified tone. She looks like she's just seen a ghost - pale and disbelieving.

When Momoi finally stopped, Yume smiled weakly. "It's fine, Sat-chan."

She then whispered in a hushed tone. "He only invited me to join the Student Council." Or more like an implied coercion.

Momoi smiles in relief at that. "That's good..or rather, that's amazing, Yuu-chan!"

"You received a personal invitation!" Momoi whispered in an excited tone.

Yume shook her head, before she took Momoi by her hand and pulled her to their seats - the corner seats.

Yume and Momoi lean closer to keep their conversations to themselves.

"You see, Sat-chan.. There're apparently two first years pre-selected to enter the Student Council as the President and the Vice-President.." Yume confessed the 'top-secret' information she just received from the Principal.

It is top-secret. Logically, with the members already selected, there's no need to hold an election - but Teikō did. To establish reputation for the newly elected members - who would accept those who didn't even went through screening and competition?

Momoi squeaked at that. She quickly covered her mouth, before hushing again. "They must be good..!"

Yume nods. "They are. The Principal said they excelled both academics and clubs."

Momoi could understand where does the Principal came from. Teikō, after all, favours those who succeed brilliantly above the rest.

"I may know who the President might be.." Momoi whispered, perking Yume's interest. "It's most likely Akashi-kun from 1-A, the first year representative."

The first year representative? Yume recalled the redhead on the entrance ceremony - the same one she was just thinking about.