Chapter 27 - Still waters run deep

Another chapter and the next one is in the making! No, my assignments aren't done yet, just this one is already done. Thank you for the supports and enjoy!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 27 - Still waters run deep

The second and last day of Teikō's Cultural Festival was packed with guests even more than the day before. Those who couldn't attend on Saturday, made it on Sunday and there were some returning guests and thus the increase in numbers. Teikō always had successful fairs for the reputation it held and it attracted talented students as an additional bonus.

Events were nearly identical as the the day before, with some variations on the plays and shows in the auditorium. While Yume and Momoi finished their shifts early, the rest were still stuck in their respective classes. Oh, Aomine escaped his duties by being unreasonable and thus told to leave instead of creating more problems for their class.

Early in the day, 1-B received a special guest in the form of a ravenette Captain who appeared lost and hesitant, a behaviour shared by a brown-haired waitress. Thankfully, nothing more happened after serving a cup of coffee and a slice of shortcake.

In the midst of the enjoyment, few students were unable to vacate their shifts due to their popularities, which included a certain rookie blonde-model and a ghostly pale-skinned male. The former bringing in customers for his looks and the latter as a faint presence in his class's Haunted House.

"Your class is quite popular, Dai-chan. I heard the news, but it really is something. My friends said there really is a wandering ghost...!" Momoi commented with a shiver as she pictured a bloodied, long-haired ghost crawling towards her like a spider.

Class 1-C was indeed swarmed with people, mostly couples who seemed intent on taking advantages of the scary events for affections. The rumour of the wandering ghost popped out on the first day and had spread far and wide by now that even the teachers were worried about having to call an exorcist. However, since there had yet to be casualties, it was left alone.

"Ba-ka! Of course it was just a ruse. It must be inchou's work." Aomine waved off that stupid rumour. He slept his classes away, but he knew there's nothing like an extra presence in his class.

Now that he thought about it, there was an empty desk in his class. Maybe the owner was a delinquent who skipped classes instead of sleeping them away like him? Even Aomine couldn't escape his mother's wrath if he skipped like that.

"Whatever it is, it does good to the advertising." Yume added her thought while hiding her amusement. She was now sure who was it behind the white fabric that scared off the guests. "1-D has many female guests..." she glanced at another class who was swarmed mostly by the female populations.

Momoi turned her attention to the class next to Aomine's and she instantly knew what her friend was talking about. "Ah, that. Kise-kun is in 1-D. You remember him right, Yuu-chan? The boy we met at karaoke."

The memories of a certain blonde came up in her mind along with Momoi saying how he was popular in school and his ragged appearances when they last met, which explained the ensuing chaos. Nevertheless, Yume didn't want to be caught up in that.