Chapter 43.6 - April 1st's Special - Dreams of Life: To you, from Me

It has been a long, long time since I last updated, but with how things are lately, I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with. The good news is, I'm considering picking DoL again, but there are too many chapters I have to re-read because I don't remember everything that has happened there.

Anyway, this is a fresh-out-of-the-oven work! It may not be fully refined, but I had fun writing this. I wish you all in good health!

Pairings : AkashixYume
Warnings : DoL Universe!
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

-------------------
Chapter 43.6 - Dreams of Life: To you, from Me
-------------------
Edit: This chapter has now been edited, with more contents and hopefully better than before.
-------------------

Ten years has gone by rather peacefully for one certain brunette. Time has eroded her self-doubts and naïvety to form the confident-woman she is now. It has been years since she lamented the chaos that comes with having the friendships of her magnificently, rainbow-coloured friends.

By now, she barely notices what goes on in the background every time they meet-up—she has taken to them as nothing but mosquito-noises.

Manai Yume is twenty-three years old this year, and her life is quite set. Working for NASA, she is in-charge of maintaining communication with the astronauts boarding the spaceship who lives in the outer space.

The job is demanding, both physically and mentally, but she enjoys and takes pride in it.

"Tsutomu-san, how are you doing today? Did you see anything interesting? I had quite the encounter on the way to work this morning..."

Living so far away from home has surely taken a huge-toll on the astronauts, they are cut-off from the happenings on Earth and they have little ways to maintain contact with their beloved ones.

"Yeah, isn't it really something? We received your package just now, it's currently in the lab—the scientists are hyped-up, it's almost like they had adrenaline rush."

For the weary astronauts whose dreams push them to depart for the unknown, the daily communication with their operator in-charge is considered irreplaceable. The brunette is their only constant connection to their lives on Earth.

"Mm. I have included everything you all asked for and those I know you will need. Tsutomu-san's, Lin-san's, Tyler-san's and of course, Jameson-san's!"

It is not an exaggeration to say that those astronauts believes her to be an angel-like existence.

Nevertheless, her days has been normal—nothing out of the ordinary.

And she likes it that way.

The same can't be said for the people around her, who has been the busy-bees these days. They bustle here and there from early-morning to late-night, to the point that she can't help but feel tired in their places.

This includes her—maybe—boyfriend too.

There is no telling with him, the brunette sips her warm-milk, liking the friendly-temperature and familiar-taste as she gets ready for bed.

What they have between them is certainly far too affectionate even for the best-of-friends, yet they never made it official if they were dating.