Chapter 33 - It sings because it has a song

Christmas update! So yeah, Merry Christmas to all of you! I'm trying to finish a chapter of Blue Sky, My Dignified Imouto and Rainbow Drops. I have to watch the KnB episodes for the last one, so it might be a little late? First off though... Enjoy~!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

-------------------
Chapter 33 - It sings because it has a song

Another day passed and the meeting in preparation for the upcoming Cleaning Day on Saturday was concluded safely without much delays. Currently, the discussion was focused on which areas to clean and the necessary cleaning supplies concerning different grounds, as well as the budget the school provided for the purchases of the supplies.

Teikō would provide the cleaning detergents, but other cleaning supplies such as rags and dusters, were student's own responsibility to bring from home, which was logical as it didn't make sense for the school to purchase one for each student.

According to schedule, tomorrow the representatives would begin to submit the list of participating students in the cleaning activity, and discuss whose responsibility was the cleaning of the areas were tasked to, which would mean negotiations and quite a lot of persuasions.

With no part-time works to do, the fair brunette usually spent Tuesday reading in the library or going home for a day rest. Ever since she befriended the colourful band however, she started visiting the gym to watch the boys practicing and helping her bestfriend's chores as a manager.

Those gym visits were always initiated by said pinkette if not her childhood friend. Yume never really went on her own, after all, it wasn't her club and she felt it wasn't right to intrude on one's club practices.

And so, with this in mind, she decided to head home for a break and maybe study the next topic in her class.

As if reading her thoughts, a certain redhead appeared by her side without her notice, intent to invite the girl to the gym because he knew she wouldn't visit uninvited. Not even one word escaped his lips before another voice cut his should-be-speech.

"Manai," the older ravenette raised a casual wave at her, his expression contained the slightest sign of smile only a handful could detect.

"Another part-time work today?" he asked, stopping next to her, unknowingly hiding his shorter kōhai with his figure.

It's an improvement when she merely blinked at the question, despite immediately realising who was speaking to her. Usually, she would be blushing already. She shook her head lightly.

"No, not today, Nijimura-san." she answered steadily, inwardly glad that she successfully suppressed the heat trying to escape and flood her cheeks.

Her answer seemed to give the older male an idea, especially with how his eyes glinted. "Wanna watch our practice?" he bluntly threw the invitation.

The surprise didn't last long on her, as she had thought that if she did receive an invitation, then she would go. Rejecting an extended invitation wasn't polite and Tuesday was often the times for her to help her bestfriend with her club works when she's not too tired or not going to the library anyway. This too, he knew.

After all, he began taking note of the days he had seen her on the gym ever since the time he started noticing her. Even as she tried hard to hide herself following that brief 'exchange' at the mock match with Tomigaoka Middle School.