Chapter 22 - An oil lamp becomes brighter after trimming

First off, thank you for all the votes, comments and reads! I hope that the inteactions between Yume and the KnB characters satisfy you readers! Anyway, the Cultural Festival is here! Yume will finally meet Kuroko again, and also few characters' reappearances are in order~!

I'll be saving a very satisfying interactions for next update! Also, I have a VERY IMPORTANT announcement below, please read it.

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 22 - An oil lamp becomes brighter after trimming

Summer is finally upon the students of Teikō. Due to several reasons, the school decided to hold the annual Cultural Festival earlier this year when it's usually held in the Autumn. It's been scheduled since the beginning of the school year, and thus there's no sudden announcement.

Students of all years are busied with preparations for the upcoming Cultural Festival, especially the Student Council members of Teikō. They have to be responsible for the events planning, overseeing the classes, and reviews the budget for each club since the same amount can't be applied for every clubs.

In the midst of this, Yume is thankful that she isn't part of any after-school clubs, so she's only got one to work on. Honestly though, she's not part of the Student Council by choice.

"Manai-san, you're not part of any clubs, are you?" Akashi, in his President's persona, asked as he read some papers.

The two, along with Midorima who is currently engrossed in his own work of writing a report on the students' responses to the Cultural Festival this year, are the only occupant of the room. The other members are out and about, preparing for the Cultural Festival.

While Yume feels dread closing in on her. Nevertheless, she answers truthfully. "Yes, I'm not.." she replied cautiously.

Akashi pauses mid-way, and drops his papers to his desk, that smile of his smile now in full-view. "Good. Takeda-san and Kuga-san are part of the shōgi club and ikebana club respectively, so they have their hands full."

"Midorima and I also have to help out at the basketball club, although we can spare some time since we have lots of member." Akashi paused, a pleasant smile on his expression.

It's coming. Yume can feel it. "Which is why I'm entrusting you with more tasks to complete." Akashi said in finality.

After working with the redhead for about a month now, Yume can easily translate the various meanings behind his smiles, and this one says 'No complain'.

"..I understand, Akashi-kun." Yume kept her sigh at bay, not wanting to get in trouble with the boy.

It pleased Akashi that the brunette learns the rope quickly, one of which is not to question his decision. He isn't bragging, but he knows what he's doing, and he appreciates it if people stop asking why.

This is why Akashi favours working with Midorima and Yume, they both know what they and he is doing. That way, there's less time wasted on needless discussion and long explanations. Takeda and Kuga are both 2nd years, which is probably why they are not as comfortable around him