Chapter 15 - All things are difficult before they are easy

I will try for another chapter this week, and My Dignified Imouto is coming up next, also Rainbow Drops is likely to resume updates next week. In this chapter, Yume will start to question herself about her vague friendship with the guys, and how she truly feels about having them around.

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 15 - All things are difficult before they are easy

There are noises everywhere, from every directions. Loud cheers from both benches of each school, and the squeaking of shoes, then the dribbling of ball from the court.

All attentions are directed to the court, and no one notices the suspicious movements of a certain brunette girl, or the obvious bulge on her duffel bag when she asked for a restroom break.

In Yume's line of vision are her magical ingredients to concoct the 'poison'. One, Momoi's elusive special bento, and, Two, supplement pills. After another moment of consideration, Yume grimaced. She can't believe what she is about to do.

In the 13 years she's been alive, never has Yume plans someone's demise. Not even once, she pranks people. And yet she's about to do worse. She could only hope her lack of experience won't cost her another trouble.

"Here goes nothing..." Yume gulped. She shakily reached for the pink-wrapped box and slowly unwrapped it to find a 3-tiered bento box. She sweat dropped. 'Sat-chan must have gone all out in this one...' And Aomine would have died if he's to consume it all.

After preparing her eyes for what cruelty she is about to see, Yume opened the lid. Like she expects, it truly is harm for the eyes. Although, for the first time, and most likely the last, she finds hope in the familiar, yet unidentified slimy things in Momoi's bento. Seems like her bestfriend has yet to improve her cooking skill.

"Let's see... There're 8 players in total, so this much should be enough.." Yume muttered, picking a handful of supplement and grind them to dust. She cringed as she mixed the two deathly combinations, feeling like a witch with her cauldron. She shuddered at the thought.

Soon, the 'poison' is complete. What's left is actually getting the patients to consume it. Yume have thought of the method; she plans to use the thermoses to her advantage, since one can't see what's inside, they won't notice if the drinking water is 'polluted'.

As for the taste... let's just hope they won't catch on.

———————————————————

Yume returned just in time, 3 minutes before the end of the 2nd Quarter. The situation hasn't changed for the better. Teikō regulars are playing more and more sluggish with their bruises and fatigues, and even with the substitution of 3 reserve players, another 2 will still be the exhausted players out of the 5 currently on court.

"Momoi. Fill those bottles to the brim. They're going to need lots of water to hydrate themselves." Coach Sanada ordered without taking his eyes off the match.

From the corner of his eyes, Momoi nodded. She quickly got on her feet and proceed to cradle all those bottles, before half are taken by another pair of hands.