Chapter 26 - Tomorrow is tomorrow, today is today

A chapter after a long break(?). Uhh, I have assignments to do, so I can't promise an update soon. But if my assignments are finished, I can start typing the plots I already thought of. For now, there will be one update on this and My Dignified Imouto. Sorry about this!

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 26 - Tomorrow is tomorrow, today is today

The muffled noises of squeaks and swishes did little to perturb the silent exchange between the two teenagers who were lost in their own whirlpool of thoughts as they gazed into the other's soul, entranced.

It wasn't until a quiet cough echoed through the room did they snap out of their trance and looked away. They didn't know who made the noise but didn't question it. After all, they were still feeling the slight disorientation from the disconnection.

Another cough, this time from Nijimura. He fought down his blush as he attempted a small grin at the girls. "Yo. Manai, Momoi." he lifted his hand in the air, acting nonchalant. Because whatever just happened, he didn't want to be again avoided by a certain brunette, which by the rate he was going, might just happened.

"Nijimura-san!" Momoi returned the greeting enthusiastically, her pink eyes twinkling with mischief and something unreadable. She squeezed the brunette's hand as if to hint her.

Yume wasn't sure what the pinkette expected from her, but she did raise her gaze to greet the ravenette. After their previous talk, she didn't want for him to misunderstand and think that she was avoiding him still. And after whatever had just happened, she was about to, actually. But the image of the ravenette's troubled look flashed through her mind, and she decided against it.

So she managed a small smile, trying to maintain her countenance as she greeted him. "Nijimura-san, Konnichiwa." she uttered softly.

"What's with the animal concept?" he asked with a playful smirk, eyeing the faux ears on his kōhais' head, which he now realised was worn by not only the quiet brunette.

Momoi was the one to answer, happy that he asked. "It's our class' theme! Yuu-chan and I are waitresses, so we had to wear them! Our shifts are over for the day though. So you should visit tomorrow, senpai!" she spoke gleefully.

"Sure. I'll see if I'm free." he replied with a shrug. He didn't see why he couldn't pay a short visit. Well, naughty thoughts aside. To exorcise his mind, he quickly turned to his male kōhais. "Okay, boys. Back to work." he had one of his hand on his hip and the other gesturing backwards at the queue.

Their reactions were almost predictable; Aomine sighed and trudged begrudgingly, Midorima marched onwards with a frown as he held on to his precious, Murasakibara went with his snacks on hands while munching another stick of pocky, only Akashi nodded with a courteous smile before he left.

As the boys went, Nijimura was contemplating whether to stay and keep the girls company, or head off to work. His shift had just ended so he was free, but as he had said earlier, the club needed all the help they could get. Heck, he didn't even mind borrowing a cat's paw. (1)

He eventually decided to offer a conversation, since it would be rude if he just left. "So, uh..." he began hesitantly. "Do you girls want to try? Basketball lessons, I mean." Nijimura loosely motioned to the various pairs scattered around the court, each pair with their own orange bouncy ball.