Chapter 23 - A single spark can start a prairie fire

First off. SORRY. REALLY REALLY SORRY. Yeah, I know, this chapter is due long wayyyy back. Anyway, I have just started on reading some fanfics on Naruto, needless to say, I'm hooked. That's basically where I am these days. I'm trying to start picking up the paces again, so this week or by next week? I'll get the updates going on. To make up for my long long hiatus, I'm posting 3 chapters of Dreams of Life! Hope you enjoy~

And I read all of your suggestions! I have filed most of it, considered all, and will tweak some to fit the plots! So yeah, I have lots of ideas now! Thank you for your suggestions and for wishing me luck on my exams, which had long passed, hha.

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 23 - A single spark can start a prairie fire

The third stringers of the basketball club appear busy as they continue to bustle around, making sure various jobs are done properly. Like any other schools, Teikō also rewards several best events of the Cultural Festival, one of which is chosen from amongst the clubs.

It's quite the prestigious award, since the winning club will be given the school's immediate approval for additional funds throughout the school year. This special exception is only granted once a year and to one club exclusively.

Usually, clubs applying for a raise in budget needs to be evaluated by the Student Council, then after a through investigation, it'll be passed on to the School Board, which takes at least a month, and half-a-year at most. Even then, there's no guarantee that it will be approved. Thus, the Cultural Festival presents the ultimate chance for the clubs seeking for more funds.

"I didn't know you're also a member of the basketball club, Kuroko-kun." Yume smiled amiably, tilting her head at the boy.

Being the observant boy he is, Kuroko notices the usage of the word 'also' and the implication behind it. "I applied at the beginning of the school year. Are your friends part of the basketball club, Manai-san?"

If it was weeks ago, Yume would be flustered, but now she can say it with confidence. She smiles sweetly, her cheeks pinkish. "Mm. I'm friends with Sat-chan and Daiki-kun. Oh, and clubmates with Akashi-kun and Midorima-kun. As for Murasakibara-kun..." she trailed off unsurely.

Yume isn't sure if she can call the purple giant her friend, and they aren't in the same club. "...we're in a working relationship, I guess.." she smiled sheepishly.

It's a fact that she has became the giant's personal sweets supplier. In actuality, Murasakibara had just placed an order for ten more boxes of maiubou and nerunerunerune candies a little over a week ago.

As weird as the last part was, Kuroko decided not to call her out on it. Instead, he addressed the matter regarding her friends. "They are members of the 1st string, Manai-san." he muttered.

From the way he said it, somehow Yume can detect a hint of sadness in the boy's voice. Was it perhaps because Kuroko's in the 3rd string? After hanging out with people like Momoi and Aomine, who probably have a basketball as a brain, she knows that Teikō's third stringers can never play in official match, and can rarely play in practice match.

Teikō's Basketball Club is especially strong and has lots of members, which is why the selection of the players are stricter, and to match their reputation, they make sure that only the best of best are representing the school. For those in the 3rd string, they aren't even a back-up and aren't expected much.