Chapter 10 - Fear the wolf in front and the tiger behind

I honestly thought it'll be long before I update. But since there're unexpectedly many comments and reads, ideas just sprang out of nowhere and here it is. In other words, this is all thanks to readers. Enjoy~

Pairings : Undecided
Warnings : Teikō Middle School Days.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs.

———————————————————
Chapter 10 - Fear the wolf in front and the tiger behind

For the few chosen students to enter the Student Council, lunch break is now 45 minutes long from 60 minutes.

The last 15 minutes are to be used for meetings and Student Council works at the Student Council office, and participation is mandatory.

Thinking back, Yume's first day at the Student Council wasn't as worse as she had initially predicted.

The newly appointed President certainly packed quite a work, but he is surprisingly capable despite being a first year busied with hardcore after-school club activities like basketball.

Needless to say, Yume is starting to harbour a well-deserved respect for the boy. Akashi is obviously her age, but he handles numerous difficult documents as if he's breathing.

It's a breathtaking sight to see him works so accurately and neatly, at quite a speed, too. It's amazing. Everyone will agree on that.

If there's one thing different Yume noticed due to her keen sense to pick up hidden emotions, it's that she somehow feels sad for him. Yume can't deny she sensed something familiar from him.

There's something about Akashi, that makes Yume's stomach turned and her heart beating in discomfort. His uncharacteristic yet fitting behaviour the day of the presentation for the Student Council election confirmed her suspicion even further.

Of course, being the girl she is, Yume wouldn't say. She doesn't wish to make more mess of her already messy school life. Also, it's not like Yume plans to get along with Akashi more than necessary.

———————————————————

"So, how's your first day at the Student Council, Yuu-chan? Good? Disastrous?" Momoi questioned in excitement, her eyes gleaming with curiosity. "How's Akashi-kun? Midorin?"

Yume shifts in slight discomfort. The three are having lunch together on the rooftop, as per usual, although it's just the fourth day. "..It's... nice.." Yume replied vaguely.

"..Akashi-kun is amazing. He seems used to handling files and documents." Yume added with a smile. Then she sweat dropped. "..Midorima-kun..." it seems like she lost her words. "..he is... slightly picky?"

The superstitious greenhead nitpicks at almost everything, from the fonts, the space and everything on the documents. Although, Yume isn't sure if that's what he really wants to talk about.

To Yume, it seems Midorima was just creating opportunities to converse more. Honestly though, everyone know it's not the way to go. If he keeps this up, Midorima might just find Kuga and Takeda with their backs on him soon.

"..He is a bit.. weird.." Yume concluded Midorima in one word. "Midorima-kun is not bad, o-of course..!" she added, seemingly afraid to offend the male.