Chapter Three // Louise

James sighed loudly as I dragged him out the gates of college and down the street, he pulled away from me then continued to walk behind me.

"Do you always have to do that?" He asked with a frown, I looked over at him and laughed slightly.

"Don't use the pouty face on me James" I said before pulling out my phone and messaging my friends, I have a huge group of friends and sometimes it's hard to keep up with them. There's Tracey, Stacie, Megan, Jessica, Leah, Rachel, Cassie, India, Shannon, Rochelle, Yasmin, Ellie, Sally and Kelly!

I messaged them all in a group chat as me and James walked to my house which wasn't far from college, I giggled as Shannon talked about last weekend and what happened with a bunch of boys at the club. James continued to sigh beside me.

"Why are you in such a bad mood today?" I asked while glancing up at him, he shrugged and looked away from me as we turned the corner into the more wealthy part of the city.

Me and James have been dating since I was thirteen, he asked me out at his fourteenth birthday party when we ditched everyone else and stole the cake. Obviously I said yes because I liked him back then and he made me laugh a lot, times change though right? He has always been the most loving and supportive person in my life, no matter how I act or what I say he always treats me with kindness and stays with me which is why I keep him around. He is the only person who has never left me, I can rely on him. I don't 'love' him and I don't think I ever did but does love even exist?

Over the years James has gotten boring though, he is always in a down mood and he's rarely out with his friends. The only friend he sees regularly is Sophia, she is a bitch who tries to steal him from me but James loves me too much and I know he would never leave me for anybody, so I have nothing to worry about.

When we made it to my house my mum greeted us at the front door, she kissed my cheek and turned her nose up at James.

"Come in both of you" Mum said as we entered the empty hallway, me and my mum live in a big house as she is paid well. My mum owns a modelling company and sometimes she would let me do a photo shoot to get some extra money, I really enjoy it and I always look sexy so it's a win/win situation for me.

James sat down in the spotless white living room and I followed mum into the kitchen, I took off my heels and sat at the table.

"You're still with James?" Mum said as she poured herself some champagne, I nodded slowly. Me and my mum are really close and I tell her literally everything and she does the same with me.

"You know my reasons for being with him mum" I said while rolling my eyes, she laughed loudly and took a sip.

"What about that lad you told me about, the one you fucked on the weekend at the club?" She said in a slightly louder tone as if she was trying to make James hear, I shushed her angrily and gave her a death glare.

"I'm Louise Adams, no one snitches on me and if they do they die" I said seriously while staring at mum, she looked away with a grin on her face. I sighed loudly and walked into the living room to see James asleep on the sofa.

"Are you kidding me?" I shouted loud enough for my voice to echo around the room and make him wake up, he stared at me then rubbed his eyes aggressively.

"Sorry, you know I don't sleep properly at nights" He groaned while sitting up, I rolled my eyes and sat on the arm of the chair which was furthest away from him. I glanced over at James a minute later to see him drifting off to sleep again but I couldn't help but just watch him. His body slightly hunched and the drool coming from his mouth, I scrunched up my face slightly then turned away to see my mum standing in the door way with her champagne in her hand. I could tell she was going to say something about the guy I hooked up with on the weekend, I shook my head slowly and she left the room.

My phone loudly beeped and made James jump in his sleep which caused him to fall over, I covered my mouth to restrain myself from laughing. It was a message from one of my girls asking if I was invited to Dale's house party, I huffed and messaged Dale in anger as I didn't receive and invitation.

"James, James wake up!" I shouted angrily, he eventually awakened and sat up.

"Were you invited to Dale's house party?" I asked him, James yawned and nodded.

"Of course I'm invited he's a good friend of mine, as you know"

"Yeah well you haven't actually been out with him in about two years, all you do is sit in your bedroom" I snapped before continuing to text my friends, James didn't comment.

"I need to get back to college anyway" I said a minute later while putting my shoes back on, I dragged James out of my house once again and said bye to my mum. He was still half asleep and walking, does he ever sleep?

"I think I'm going to walk myself back to college" I said with a fake smile spread across my face, he looked at me weirdly.

"Louise, I need to walk that way to get home" James muttered, I shrugged my shoulders and walked on without him.

"I'll call you later?" He shouted, I ignored and continued to walk down the street alone. The moment I get away from him I feel completely better, no guilt or anger in my body. I strutted along the street with my head held high and a smile on my face, I regularly turned heads in public. My phone beeped again and I checked to see if it was Dale.

"u and ur m8's are invited! bring all the hot chicks u knw" Dale messaged back about his house party on the weekend, I almost threw up at his spelling. I'll have to make sure James doesn't go to this party so I can pick up some guys, it's also a risk as people from college will be at the party.

"Fuck it" I whispered to myself before lighting a cigarette and continuing to walk to college.