Chapter Twenty Five // Tea Bags

- Iris' POV -

The countdown to my eighteenth birthday has begun! If I'm honest I wasn't that excited, I had nothing planned and I was more than likely going to be watching Netflix by myself all day.

Sophia insisted on having a sleepover to countdown until midnight with me which meant a movie night and lots of food. We covered her bedroom floor in pillows and fluffy blankets for us to chill on.

"What shall we watch?" Sophia asked as she set up my Ipad and opened Netflix, I sat down beside her and instantly knew what to watch.

"Enchanted" I said with a grin, she nodded quickly.

"Anything that is Disney will make me happy!"

We watched the movie and ate all the biscuits in her house, it made me feel better about having no plans for my birthday.

"So.. I have something to tell you" Sophia said half an hour into the movie, she had that devious but excitable look on her face.

"What have you done?!" I asked while looking around her bedroom, Sophia began to laugh.

"Me and a few others have thrown you a birthday party, tomorrow at the Oceania" She said before clapping her hands, I instantly gave her a hug.

"This is great but I have nothing to wear" My wardrobe was filled with random tees and ripped jeans. Sophia jumped up from where she was sitting and ran into the next room, I waited for a moment in confusion as to what she was doing but when she returned she pulled out a beautiful red dress and held it up.

"..And this is your birthday present" She said, I ran towards her and gave her another huge hug. Sophia is the greatest friend I have.

"It's so beautiful!" I screamed in excitement, maybe this birthday was going to be good after all. Sophia agreed to do my hair and make up and she told me about who would be coming to the party tomorrow.

"No more surprises, alright?" I said to her seriously, she started to giggle and then hide her face. She definitely has more surprises up her sleeve..

We finished the Disney movie and then listened to some music and I updated Sophia on college and what we were learning.

"Are you ever going to tell me what Louise said the other day to upset you?" I asked her as she stuffed her face with sweet popcorn.

"I don't want you to judge me" Sophia said quietly, I stared at her in confusion.

"You're my best friend!" I shouted before jumping on her, she laughed and agreed and then began to tell me about last year before we met. She told me about how bad her anxiety used to be and how it once drove her to attempt suicide and Louise found out. I gave her the biggest hug after she poured her heart out to me.

"Louise could destroy everything with that information, you know?" Sophia said, I nodded. If she does anything to hurt Sophia again I will be so mad. Why does James date Satan?

"Louise is a cheater and a liar but James can't see that, I feel bad for him" I laughed, boys really are blind. I think James should take a look in front of him and see who really loves him.

..COUGH.. SOPHIA.. COUGH..

- Dale's POV -

I made my way back to James' house in all black with my hood up, I had to hide all hours of the day from Max and Tim's mates. I don't even know if they are coming for me, maybe they were just trying to scare me but it's better safe than sorry right?

James' mum was making me run errands for her because she was letting me stay in her house for however long I needed. I didn't mind running to the shop to get some bread and milk because it meant I could have a smoke without James' mum screaming at me for doing so.

When I got back I left the food in the kitchen and then made my way up to James' bedroom, he was playing on the Xbox as usual.

"Oh thank god, I thought you were abducted by those guys" James joked when I entered his room, I gave him an evil glare but he didn't notice because he was too focussed on the game.

"It's not funny, what if I end up in hospital?" I said in fear, James rolled his eyes and didn't answer my question. I sat down on the floor and ate the crisps I bought with the extra money from my run to the shop.

"Dude I am so excited for Iris' birthday party tomorrow, I've never been to Oceania" I said with too many crisps in my mouth, James turned around and stared at me in shock.

"You of all people have never been to Oceania? I'm not going anyway" He said before turning back to the screen to play the Xbox.

"What? Why not? It's going to be great"

"Because Sophia will be there and she hates me" James complained while sighing loudly.

"It's Iris' birthday, she invited you. You're not there because of Sophia so stop revolving your life around this silly argument you are having" I snapped at him and he laughed.

"We'll have a good time and you won't need to look at Sophia, I promise"

James looked over at me again and rolled his eyes as if to say "Fine". I smiled and grabbed a cigarette from my pocket.

"No!" James' mum yelled from the bedroom door, me and James both jumped in fear.

"HOW DO YOU DO THAT" I shouted, she grinned and walked off.

Suddenly the front door knocked and James was too lazy to answer it so it was my job, I hurried down the stairs to see Iris and Sophia standing there.

"Girls! Hello!" I shouted happily, Iris smiled at me while Sophia stood behind her shivering.

"Do you guys have any tea bags? Sophia has ran out" Iris said while rolling her eyes, I went to check the kitchen and gave them a few.

"Who is at the door Dale?! you're letting out all the heating!" James complained before stomping down the stairs and instantly shutting up when he spotted Sophia. I smiled widely at him and then said goodbye to Iris and Sophia.

"You really need to stop being so grumpy" I said to James before walking passed him and taking out another cigarette.

"No!" James' mum shouted from out of no where.

"SERIOUSLY?!"