Chapter Sixty Three // Roses

- Iris' POV -

I was woken up earlier than I wanted to be, my alarm was set for 7:30am but instead my phone was constantly vibrating at 6:45am. I groaned loudly and ripped it from the charger to check who was irritating me. Oh great! It's Justin.

He wouldn't give my phone a rest and it was over heating more than usual. Should I block his number and completely forget about his existence? Would that be fair?

I turned off my phone and decided to get up and begin to get dressed for the heartbreaking day ahead, it wasn't going to be easy at all. I opened my curtains to let some light in so I could actually see what I was putting on.

I'm really nervous, how do people act at funerals? Do we show no emotion until we are alone or do we all cry together? I put on my black daisy covered dress and some black tights then proceeded to brush my hair and make it look somewhat presentable.

"You're up early" Mum whispered as she entered my room in her dressing gown, I sighed and glanced in the mirror at myself.

"I'm just nervous, it's going to be hard you know?" I told her without making eye contact.

"I'll make you some coffee before we leave" Mum said, I thanked her and she headed downstairs. I listened to music for a while to calm my nerves and then downed the coffee to get me ready for the day.

Mum got dressed and then she planned to take me to Sophia's house, Sophia's mum was going to Rae's funeral too and she was driving me, James and Sophia there.

"It's going to be okay, think of it as celebrating her life instead of saying goodbye" Mum said with a smile, I nodded and she gave me an unexpected hug. We had been fighting for weeks on end and I'm finally shown some love from her. We got in the car and headed to Sophia's house as the clock slowly approached 8:00am.

The roads were empty and the sun was shining brightly but taking it's time to reach it's high point. I turned on my phone again as we were driving and it immediately shut down with all the messages I was receiving from Justin. I angrily threw it back into my bag and stared out the window.

"Who's got you so worked up?" Mum asked, I ignored her question and continued to look out the window for Sophia's house.

"Turn here!" I shouted as we turned right into James and Sophia's street, her front door was open like she was expecting me to get here any second. Mum stopped the car right outside her house, she looked over at me with a tear in her eye and smiled.

"I'll call you later" I told her as she kissed my cheek. I entered Sophia's house slowly while calling her and her mums name.

"Iris! Sophia is upstairs getting ready" Her mum said as she hugged me, I nodded and made my way to her bedroom. I knocked on the door and then entered to find Sophia sitting in the corner of her room with her knees to her chest, she looked terrified. I hurried across the room and sat down on the floor with her, she looked up at me and wiped her eyes.

"Hey" Sophia said quietly, I frowned at her before taking her hands in mine.

"I'm here for you, I'm always going to be here" I told her truthfully, she began to cry more before hiding her face. I pulled her close and gave her a hug without knowing what else to say.

"Iris?" Sophia said through her huge gasps for air.

"Yes?"

"Please don't die" She sobbed, I held my tears in while continuing to hold her.

"I won't"

- Sophia's POV -

Me and Iris cried on the floor with each other for a while until James arrived at my house. Iris got up and left me alone.