Chapter Forty Eight // Love

- Sophia's POV -

Me, Iris and James sat silently in my living room while sipping on tea and coffee, I didn't find it awkward because I was completely zoned out while staring at the sun shining through an empty glass which had been sitting on the coffee table for hours.

"I have to go see Louise" James muttered before standing up and fixing the creases in his shirt, Iris stared at him weirdly but then focused her attention back on me. He made his way to the door.

"Bye James" I said before sipping on my tea, he looked back into the living room.

"Aren't you going to ask me why? Louise bullies you, she hurt Iris and-"

"Just go James, she isn't in the right mind set to be arguing with you" Iris snapped at him, he said no more and then left the house. Iris cuddled me for a moment and I sighed to myself.

"James has been ignoring me" I told her, she looked at me in confusion.

"Maybe he is scared to properly love you" Iris suggested while shrugging.

"You think he doesn't love me properly?"

"No no no" She repeated while shaking her head, she began to plait my hair while talking.

"Him and Louise just ended, he could be afraid to get into another relationship.." Iris explained, I nodded. Suddenly the door banged aggressively, I thought it was James running back to us after Louise had rejected him. I stood up slowly and brought the blankets with me.

I opened the door to see Zane, my ex boyfriend. He held a huge bouquet of roses and he looked like he was on some sort of drugs.

"H-hey!" He shouted happily, I squinted my eyes at him while looking up and down.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I asked rudely, Iris appeared behind me and she began to laugh at Zane.

"I thought I would buy you flowers to show you how much I love and miss you, you love me too don't you?" Zane said while staring at the flowers, I shook my head and sighed loudly.

"Get this into your thick head Zane.. I never want to see you again, I never want to talk to you again and I don't love you or need you" I ranted angrily, Iris held me back. Zane's eyes filled with tears and he began to destroy the beautiful bouquet of roses, he threw them on the ground and jumped on them in his muddy boots.

"I'm coming back for you Sophia.. We will fall in love again!" He shouted before storming down the street, me and Iris watched him in shock.

"I really think you should call the police on this guy, he is crazy" Iris whispered as his screaming echoed down the street. We closed the door and entered the living room again, I opened the blanket up and we both smothered ourselves in the fluffiness.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked Iris as I clicked on the movie section of the TV, Iris stared at me with her mouth wide open.

"How can you be so calm about him making threats? He just said he would be coming back for you!" She shouted nervously, I shrugged and continued looking at the TV.

"It's fine, I don't really care anyway. He can do whatever he likes" I sighed, Iris stormed across the room and grabbed her phone. I watched her in confusion as she dialled a number and held the phone to her ear.

"Who are you calling?" I asked calmly.

"Who do you think? I'm telling your mum that Zane is insane"

- Leila's POV -

Me and Dale exited the police station holding hands and skipping, we hadn't been this happy and chirpy in each others company in a long time. We had just spoke to two police officers in a cramped room about what happened to us a few days before.