Chapter Fifty Two // Relief

- Elise's POV -

"Would you like some lunch Elise?" My mum whispered as she pulled the blankets off my face, I turned away from her and buried myself in my mattress and pillow. I was still avoiding school and my work placement at the hospital, my parents know how much Rae means to me and they accepted that I'm not okay but I think my mum was getting impatient with me laying around the house all day.

"I'll make you a sandwich okay?" She said before leaving the room, I grabbed my blankets and pulled them over me so I was surrounded by darkness once again.

My friends hadn't spoke to me since the incident at the cafe in town a few days ago, they were being homophobic and disrespectful. Kelsey my best friend who should be there for me through everything hasn't checked to see if I was alright after being attacked by her and my own school friends, are they even friends?

"It's ready!" Mum shouted a few minutes after leaving me alone, I groaned loudly and sat up in my bed. Everyday was slowly becoming a repeat of the day before, avoid getting up, avoid eating, avoid moving...

I stood up and walked down the stairs, my mums face lit up once she saw me out of my bedroom. She walked over to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead before walking into the kitchen to hand me a sandwich on a plate. I sat down at the table and stared at the plate with a slight frown on my face. The door knocked and mum ran out to answer it.

"Kelsey! What a surprise" Mum said, I looked back in terror. Why is that homophobic bitch here? I glanced around the room quickly looking for somewhere to hide, I don't want to talk to her today.

"She's just in the kitchen" Mum said to Kelsey, I sprinted to the back door and got out into the back garden before they noticed me. Kelsey entered the kitchen while I walked around the side of my house and in through the front door again, I tip toed up to my bedroom and closed the door.

I quickly brushed my hair and tried to make myself look presentable, knowing her she was probably just visiting to make fun of me and then tell her other friends that I'm a mess. I tied up my hair after brushing it and then threw all of the dirty washing under my bed and opened the curtains to let some light into the room. I sat down on my bed and flicked through my phone trying to act casual.

There was stomping coming up the stairs and that was when I knew I was about to be interrogated about my sexuality and feelings, I took a deep breath and prepared myself. The door knocked and then Kelsey appeared, she looked gorgeous as always.

She gave me a sympathetic smile before sitting down on the end of my bed, I glared at her for a moment before setting my phone down like I was waiting for her to talk.

"H-How are you?" She hesitated, I shrugged my shoulders.

"You know we never mean it, the comments we make are just for jokes" Kelsey explained with a grin, I stared at her as if she was extremely stupid.. Which she is.

"Are you kidding me? I cried for at least three hours after you all pestered and attacked me, it's not fair that I have to be treated that way for feeling confused. I have no idea what is going on in my head and I don't need you and everyone else bullying me for it" I shouted aggressively across the bed at her, she looked slightly scared.

"How is Rae?" Kelsey asked completely changing the topic, she obviously didn't want to get into an argument with me. I looked away from her and frowned.

"I have no idea, we haven't heard from her parents in days" I said sadly, Kelsey moved across the bed and gave me a hug. I didn't push her away like I should've, I buried my head in her shoulder and began to cry like I never had before. It was all getting too much for me, school, my confused feelings, Rae not being well and losing friends day by day. I couldn't stand it anymore.