Chapter Thirty One // Tiled Floor

- Iris' POV -

When the morning after my party finally arrived everyone in my hotel room began to disappear. They thanked me for the drama filled night when they really should've been thanking Sophia for setting it up.

Sophia had randomly left without her bag which isn't like her, she never leaves anything behind. I called her phone but there was no answer and then there was a loud bang at the hotel door.

"Iris!" Justin shouted, it was 9:30am and there was definitely going to be people still sleeping in the hotel.

"Stop shouting!" I yelled at him when I opened the door, he was clearly hungover. He walked slowly into my room and sat down on the end of the bed before putting his hand to his forehead and pouting.

"I drank too much" Justin said, I nodded and laughed before pouring him a glass of water. He took it from me and instantly downed the whole thing before grabbing me by the waist and pulling me onto the comfortable double bed. I giggled and then realised how uncomfortable I felt about this, even just laying beside him made me want to run away from the situation.

He pulled me closer and kissed me passionately and I did too, then he proceeded by pulling off his shirt and that's when I knew I needed to get away.

"What are you doing?" I asked calmly inches from his face, he stared at me for a moment before laughing like I was just kidding when I really wasn't. He got back to what he was doing, kissing me and removing his clothes.

"I need the bathroom" I muttered before jumping off the bed and running into the cramped bathroom, I was freaking out.

"Don't take too long!" Justin shouted, what the hell am I suppose to do?

My phone was in my back pocket which meant I had it with me in the bathroom, result! My hands were shaking as I unlocked my phone and called Sophia, she needed to answer this time. I sat down quietly on the tiled floor and patiently waited for her to pick up.

"Iris! I'm so sorry I left, James was being dramatic and Louise is being an asshole and-"

"Sophia please shut the fuck up" I whispered angrily, she instantly stopped talking.

"Wow Iris" She said, she sounded hurt.

"I'm scared, I can't do it"

"What the hell are you talking about? Where are you?" She asked.

"I'm hiding in the bathroom, Justin is still slightly drunk and he is in my bed" I said as my voice began to shake, she instantly knew what was about to happen if I walked out of the bathroom and got into the bed with him.

"Stay calm okay? Just say no"

"What if he doesn't like me then? I can't lose him Sophia" I said as my eyes filled with tears, she sighed loudly.

"I'm coming to get you, I'll run okay?" She said before hanging up, now I'm alone.

- Elise's POV -

I woke up in Kelsey's house surrounded by all my hungover school friends, we were laying on the living room floor on the beer stained carpet. I was the only person who wasn't feeling awful, I didn't drink that much last night and I'm glad because I remember everything that happened. I remember seeing Justin, Iris' boyfriend cheating on her right behind her back.

I felt terrible knowing he did that but also relieved, if nobody saw him then he would get away with it and Iris would never know what a jerk he is. I'm not letting that happen, she doesn't deserve a cheater.

I got up from the uncomfortable carpet and grabbed my phone before tip toeing out of the living room where everyone was sleeping and calling Rae in the kitchen, she is the only person who could tell Iris about her boyfriend.

"Do you know what time it is?" Rae said when she answered, she had a sleepy voice which was adorable.

"I'm sorry I just really need to tell you something, it's important" I said while giggling.

"Oh, well in that case so do I" Rae said, I sat down at the dinner table and began to tell her about Justin and how I saw him cheating at the club last night.

"You're positive that it was him? From everything that Iris has told me about him, he always seemed to be obsessed and totally in love with her" Rae explained, I frowned to myself.

"It definitely was him, I feel awful. I hope she is alright when she finds out"

"I will tell Sophia the next time I speak to her, Sophia and Iris are best friends so it'd be best if she told her" I agreed and then we began to have a normal conversation about how we were, Rae asked me how my night went with my friends.

"Wait, didn't you have something to tell me too?" I asked Rae, she hesitated for a moment before mumbling.

"Uh yeah I do" She said, she instantly sounded nervous and I was curious as to what she wanted to say.

"Go on then" I giggled, the line went silent again.

"Actually Elise I have to go! My nurse is here I'm sorry bye!" She shouted quickly before hanging up, I didn't get to say goodbye because she hung up before I could. I stared at my phone for a minute while pouting.

"You okay Elise?" Morgan asked as she entered the kitchen and stole some orange juice from Kelsey's fridge, I nodded.

Morgan is in my friendship group at school, we aren't really that close but she is a nice person.

"Just.. confused I guess?" I said while still staring at my phone, I went into my camera roll and began flicking through selfies of me and Rae. Morgan sat beside me at the dinner table and looked at my phone.

"Who's that? Is she from your work experience?" She asked while downing the juice, I nodded with a huge smile on my face.

"She is so lovely, we have so much in common" I said, I was still grinning at my phone and adoring Rae in every picture. Morgan was staring at me oddly and I only realised a few moments later.

"You are acting strange" She said while continuing to stare at me, I had no idea what she was talking about.

"The first day we met we watched Frozen in her hospital room, it was hilarious and I got told off by my boss but I didn't even care because I was with Rae. We watched the sunset too and we always sing together, oh and-"

I've never spoken to anyone about Rae before, but as soon as I told Morgan one thing I had to tell her everything. I didn't realise how confused and uncomfortable she looked but when I finally stopped talking she left the kitchen and joined the others in the living room.

I sat alone for a moment with a smile on my face, thinking about my best friend Rae and how much I cared for her. Speaking about her really made me happy.

I got up from the dinner table and entered the living room to see everyone was finally awake, when they saw me enter the room they stared at me and began to laugh loudly. Kelsey stared at me in disgust but also disappointment, I had no idea what was going on.

"Elise, are you gay?"