Chapter Thirty Eight // The Failed Journey

- Dale's POV -

Evan entered the small cramped room which they had kept me hostage in a few hours after I found out that they were also holding Leila, my ex girlfriend.

"Are you ready to embark on your adventure Dale?" He asked with a grin while waving a plastic bag in my face, it stunk of weed. I nodded before wriggling about trying to get off the chair I had been sitting on for hours.

"Can I please talk to Leila before I go? I really need to see her" I pleaded as Evans friends untied my legs so I could finally stand up from the wooden chair.

"She is your girlfriend, I'm sure you speak to each other all the time" Evan laughed, the guys holding me began to laugh with him.

"I don't.. I haven't seen her in almost a year. Please, Evan" I begged once again, he rolled his eyes and agreed. They left the room and told me to wait for a while longer then they would bring Leila into the room.

I sat down again, my hands were still tied behind my back and the rope was rubbing on my wrists which was irritating. I sighed loudly and closed my eyes before the door squeaked open and Leila appeared with one of the guys. He pushed her into the room before quickly leaving and slamming the door.

We stared at each other in silence for a moment before passionately kissing, we couldn't hug each other because our hands were tied.

"I'm so sorry" Leila said once she pulled away, she began to cry and I was dying to wipe her tears.

"What for? Why are you in England?" I asked while admiring her face, somehow she had changed so much since I last saw her crying at the side of my hospital bed.

Leila began to tell me why she returned, how her grandmother couldn't come home with them and that she missed me too much. I kissed her again and cried too because I couldn't help myself. All this time I thought she didn't love me, she left and I never heard from her again so I assumed the worst but in reality she was thinking exactly the same.

"I'm going to fix this okay? I won't let them hurt you" I said while raising my voice, she nodded quickly and kissed me again before Evans friends entered the room.

"It's time to go Dale!" One of them shouted as they aggressively grabbed Leila by the wrists and dragged her away from me, our eyes stayed locked with each other until she had left the room.

Evan handed me the bag of cannabis before untying my hands and stepping back slightly.

"Your journey awaits" He said while pointing out the door, I left the small room and walked down a corridor before ending up outside. There was a black jeep waiting for me with one of Evans friends driving it. I got in the back and put on my seat belt.

"I thought I was doing this job on my own?" I asked the guy as he drove off from the location where Leila was being held captive.

"You are, I just need to drop you off in town so you don't know how to get to Evans hiding place. I'll be waiting for you to do the job" He explained while turning onto the motor way and speeding down the road, I rested my head on the chair and sighed to myself before thinking about Leila.

I can't believe she still loves me.

"Alright!" The guy driving me shouted, he looked back at me as if to say "Get the fuck out". That was a short car ride..

I stuffed the plastic bag into my jumper pocket and jumped out of the car, he gave me a piece of paper with an address on it which is where I had to go to deliver the weed.

I walked across the road and headed through the busy town, hoping to see James or anyone who could help me get out of this mess. I had no phone and Leila was in danger so I had to do it, I've done this before so I don't understand why I'm so nervous.