Chapter Forty Six // Vintage Cafe's And Ladybirds

- Rae's POV -

I opened my eyes and realised I was on a busy train, surrounded by business men and crying children. I looked around in confusion and then down at my body and hands, I was dressed in my favourite Disney princess shirt and some shorts. The ticket in my hand said Newton Abbot and we were just approaching that stop, I pushed through the crowds of people who were taking up the train before making it to the door.

The train stopped at Newton Abbot and I got off, unsure of where I was going or what I was doing here.. Until I spotted Elise searching through the crowds of people as if she was waiting for somebody. I stood still and watched her for a few minutes before she made eye contact with me and her face lit up, she began to run towards me with her arms open and I did the same. I jumped into her arms as soon as we had reached each other and it was the biggest hug I had ever gotten. She didn't say anything, all she did was hug me and begin to cry. After a minute she grabbed my hand and we headed into the closest town.

"Where are we going?" I asked Elise as she pulled me along the busy streets, she stopped walking and glanced around for a moment.

"I thought we could sit somewhere nice and chat" Elise said while looking back at me, I smiled and nodded in agreement. There was a beautiful little cafe at the top of the town which we decided to go to, it was covered with fairy lights and bunting. The cafe was empty but that's how we liked it, it meant we could have the place all to ourselves.

Me and Elise sat down on the comfortable chairs in the middle of the cafe, Elise insisted on paying.

"I'll buy you anything you like" She said with a smile, she pulled out her purse from her bag and asked me what I wanted.

"I'll have some peppermint hot chocolate please!" I shouted happily, Elise nodded and approached the desk where a chirpy girl stood. I glanced around the cafe as I waited for my hot chocolate and admired the old vintage pictures on the wall.

A few minutes later Elise carried a small tray across the cafe and over to our table, it had my hot chocolate and her tea on it. She looked up at me as she walked with a smile on her face, she wasn't looking where she was walking and her foot got caught on a chair which made her trip and almost spill our drinks everywhere.

I began to laugh louder than ever, she looked so scared but began to laugh too.

"Are you alright Elise?!" I asked her while continuing to laugh, my eyes were watering and I could barely breathe. Elise nodded and carefully lifted our drinks to set them on the table.

"Sorry about that" She said while biting her lip, I lifted my hot chocolate from the table and almost downed it because I was so cold. Elise watched me wide eyed until I had finished the whole thing, I set the mug down on the table and smiled. Elise stared at me with a grin on her face as if she was about to laugh again.

"What?" I asked in confusion, she laughed slightly before taking a mirror out of her bag and showing me that I had cream on my top lip from the hot chocolate. I instantly felt embarrassed but I laughed at myself anyway, Elise almost spilt our drinks and that is ten times worse than having a creamy moustache.

We chatted for a while about how we both were, how school was for Elise and I talked about anything but the hospital. It was weird because that is the only place I ever am, why didn't I talk about it?

"Come on, let's go" Elise said as she reached out her hand, I took it and she helped me up. We thanked the chirpy lady in the cafe and then left. Elise said she knew somewhere that I would like, we left the busy town and headed towards an empty park. There was nobody around which meant we had the park all to ourselves, just like the cafe! It felt as if there were no other people left on the earth, it was only us.

I let go of Elise's hand and ran across the park to a huge swing which held around four people, I jumped into it and Elise did the same. We lay back and let it swing slightly while staring up at the sky, it was peaceful. I reached my hand down and gently held hers, she smiled and looked across the swing at me. I smiled back before taking a deep breath in.

"I'm never going to leave you, you know that right?" I asked her quietly, she stared into my eyes for a moment before nodding.

"I promise I will never leave" I said again, without saying anything she pulled me close and hugged me tightly. We stayed in the same spot for ages just hugging, my heart was beating incredibly fast and I was sure Elise could hear it.

We finally got up and left the park but I could've lay there all day with her, it was absolutely perfect.. She is perfect.

We found a peaceful field not far from the park where we decided to sit down and chill out for a while. It had suddenly became a beautiful warm day which caused us to sunbathe for a while and listen to some music, I was singing along and Elise was watching me with a huge smile on her face.

"Look! A ladybird!" Elise shouted while laying down on her stomach and watching it, I did the same and lay close to her. We watched it climbing on a piece of grass for a while.

"I think we should make a wish" I whispered while staring at it, Elise nodded and we both closed our eyes as it flew away. Elise grabbed my hand as we wished then when we opened our eyes she turned to me.

"I bet I know what you wished for" She said while glancing at our hands, I grinned.

"It's not hard to guess" I said before laughing, she laughed with me and then we lay back down on the grass to gaze at the clouds in the sky.