Chapter Fifty Eight // The Fountain

- Iris' POV -

My alarm rang loudly at 7:30am on the other side of my room which meant I had to get up to turn off the awful noise. I walked across the room like a zombie before properly opening my eyes when the alarm was turned off. I stretched and went straight to my speakers to play some music as I got ready for college.

I had a playlist playing on full volume as danced into the bathroom and got in the shower while continuing to sing. I almost slipped while trying to dance and wash my hair at the same time, oops.

"HURRY UP IRIS! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" I heard my sister scream while thumping my locked bedroom door, I rolled my eyes and quickly got out of the shower and got dressed into a red skater dress with my red converse.. Groovy!

I began cleaning my room while plaiting my hair (by cleaning I mean kicking my dirty laundry into the corner of the room). I took my phone off charge and looked through my notifications to see a text message from Rae, I smiled to myself and opened it.

"Love you Iris, thank you for everything:)"

I turned off my music and put on my coat while messaging her back;

"That was random but very thoughtful of u rae. I love u!"

I ran downstairs and got a pancake from the kitchen before lifting my bag and heading to the door to make my way to college.

"Iris?" Mum said while appearing from the living room, I froze and looked back at her.

"If you have any tests today please do not mess up, you need A's" She said while crossing her arms, I turned around and flashed an evil grin.

"I was kidding about failing the history test you know that right? I just wanted to piss you off" I said while laughing, mum gasped and I ended the conversation there. I left the house and walked down the street with a smile on my face. I tried to call Sophia to ask if she was going to college today, she hadn't been attending because she was so worried about Rae but now that she is recovering Sophia should be coming to college.

"No answer.. As usual" I mumbled as I walked into college, I am so alone when Sophia isn't around.

I made my way to History which was always my first class of the day, I really enjoy it though. I walked through the corridors and approached the History room until I saw Dale standing by himself looking down at his phone.

"Dale!" I shouted as I walked up to him, he smiled and gave me a hug.

"How are you and Leila?" I asked him as he continued to glance down at his phone with a confused expression, he ignored my question.

"What's going on?" I muttered to him, he looked up at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"I received a text message from Rae this morning, she never usually messages me so I'm confused" He explained before handing me his phone so I could see the message.

"Thank you for being so cool and making me smile all the time, you're a good friend Dale:)"

I stared at it for a moment before remembering that Rae also sent me a text message this morning, I looked at him and we both froze.

"She sent me one too.." I said quietly while showing Dale the message, we were both extremely confused and worried. What was going on? Maybe we were blowing it out of proportion, Rae could've just wanted to tell everyone how much she appreciates them.

"Can you call Sophia and ask her if she got any messages?" Dale asked me as I handed his phone back to him, I shook my head and sighed.

"I already tried to call her and she didn't answer, she never does anymore" I rolled my eyes and then our tutor called us into the classroom.