Chapter Twenty Three // Seven Hours

- Justin's POV -

Today I am flying seven and a half hours to attend and surprise my girlfriend Iris, this is nerve wrecking. I had a huge suitcase packed with all my favourite clothes and of course a present for my mango.

Iris' birthday was tomorrow and Sophia had planned a night for Iris and all of her friends to go out, what Iris doesn't know is I am going to show up in the middle of their party and surprise her. Sophia has booked a hotel room for me not far from where Iris lives, everything feels like a dream.

I was excited but more nervous than anything, I hope everything goes to plan. My parents were completely fine with me travelling across the world, they knew who Iris was as I talked about her too much. I usually do things on my own, I would go places which were far away from home with my friends so my parents were comfortable with me travelling alone.

I got through security at the airport quickly and prepared myself to fly. Earphones, chewing gum and billions of games on my phone to keep me busy. The airport was busier than I thought it would be, there were plenty of people travelling to England. I wonder what for?

I kept imagining what me and Iris meeting would be like, is she going to cry once I walk in? Am I going to cry? What if I accidentally bump into her before tomorrow and then I have to pretend to be somebody else.. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

The lady on the loud overhead speakers called out my flight and I made my way down the huge hallway, my suitcase was already on the plane as it was too heavy to be hand luggage.

The main thing I was excited about was going out partying in England, I wonder how different it is compared to here. I go out a lot with my friends in New Jersey, all we do is party and mess around. They were jealous of me because I was going to England, most of them wanted to hide in my suitcase and come too.

I got a window seat on the plane which meant less boredom, watching the clouds was always entertaining. I've only been on an airplane once other than this and that was on a family holiday (I was sick the whole way there). Lets hope this time is different..

"Please listen to the safety instructions" A lady in royal blue uniform said as she stood at the front of the plane and held up a life jacket. Time to listen to music..

- Sophia's POV -

Today was the day! The day that Justin would arrive and my birthday planning would finally come to life, I was more than excited.

I had wrote a list of all the people attending the party, I ordered a birthday cake to arrive at a certain time, all of Iris' favourite songs were going to play in the club and the DJ would definitely give her a shout out. It was going to be incredible!!

Everyone in our history class was invited to the party apart from Louise (who would want her there?) and of course Rae because she was unable to come. Iris said she really wants to visit Rae soon though. James has also been invited, even though me and him aren't speaking it is Iris' birthday and she is friends with him.

I told my mum about the surprise I was doing for Iris and she didn't like it, which was expected.

"What if he is a forty year old man?" Mum said with a disgusted look, I stared at her for a moment.

"I skyped him, he seems lovely and they have been dating online for a long time now. They need to meet" I said with a smile, I wasn't going to tell her that I was meeting up with him later that day to arrange when he would come to the club where Iris' birthday party would be.. She would definitely not let me.

A few hours of planning and I was finished, it was time to go meet Justin at his hotel. He probably wants to nap as soon as he arrives but I really needed to tell him what was going to happen tomorrow night and how he would enter the club. I'm too organised.

"Bye mum!" I shouted as I left the house and made my way to the train station, the hotel was in the middle of town which was a fifteen minute train journey from where I lived. I walked passed college and kept my head down in case anybody noticed me, I was taking another day off college to sort out Justin. He's a seventeen year old guy but of course I look after everyone.

The train was empty which was expected because it was 1:00pm. I danced around to a random Spotify playlist until I reached the train station in town.

"I'm at the hotel!" Justin messaged me, I smiled and hurried across town before spotting a tall lad with brown hair standing outside it with a huge suitcase. That must be Justin..

"Justin?" I shouted as I approached him, I looked like a five year old compared to him. I'm too small for my own good.

"You must be Sophia, nice to meet you" He said in a perfect accent, damn! I shook his hand and smiled at him.

"Thank you so much for flying so far, this is going to be an amazing surprise" I said while starting to get excited again.

"How could I say no? I can't believe I'm going to meet Iris tomorrow!" Justin shrieked, she is going to be so happy.

I helped Justin into the hotel and he checked in, I felt awkward going to his room with him so I decided to text him the details about tomorrow and then I left him to have a long deserved nap.

I headed to the closest shop to get an energy drink and then I walked around town for a while, there was no point in going home just to sit around right? An energy drink was a bad idea because I was already buzzed enough, but who cares!

I sat down at the pretty fountain in the middle of town and decided to give Rae a call, I hadn't spoken to her in a few days and being away from her was making me insane.

"Hi fairy! Iris' birthday is going to plan, Justin just arrived and I'm feeling great"

"That's amazing, I'm so mad that I can't come to the party" Rae sighed. The party would've been 10000% better if she was there, she makes everything better.

"I know, we will come to see you soon though"

"I don't know if you can, I'll check and you can be the first to come visit" Rae said, I agreed and continued to tell her about the party and then she caught me up on what was going on with her.