Chapter Thirteen // Hospital Road Trips

- Zane's POV -

~~~~~~~

"You ruined my life!" Sophia screamed across the dark room, her voice creaked and echoed towards me. I stared at her as she cried loudly.

"I'm sorry! How many times do I have to plead for your forgiveness?!" I shouted back to her, she began to shake her head violently before wiping her tears away and looking at me.

"I will never forgive you. You should be in prison, you should be gone" She said calmly but loud enough to echo around the room again. Gone?

"Where?" I asked as my hands shook in fear, there was a loud screeching noise and the room seemed to be getting darker.. Sophia was fading away.

"Hell" She shouted angrily and suddenly I couldn't breathe.

~~~~~~~~

I jumped up quickly and looked around my bedroom in fear, what the fuck is happening to me? My breathing was quick and my whole body was shaking. I glanced over at my clock to see that it was 9:00am, I'm never awake at this time on a Sunday.

I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water to calm myself down from my horrible nightmare, why did I dream of something like that? Does Sophia really want me dead?

I drank the water slowly and looked around the kitchen, the house was empty.

"Mum?" I shouted and then waited for a response but I got none. I carried the glass of water up the cold wooden stairs and made my way into my mums bedroom which was empty. I was home alone.

My mates went to a party last night but I wasn't feeling it, I was still horrified that Sophia saw me beating up some guy at a party the other day. She looked terrified of me and I haven't saw that expression on her face since the day I fucked everything up, if I can even remember it correctly.

"The house party was crazy last night!! Richard was mad that you didn't show up" Derek had messaged me at 6:15am, I rolled my eyes. Do I give a shit what Richard thinks? He is the oldest in the group so the other lads bow down to him like a king and it annoys me.

I feel like I owe Sophia an apology for scaring her so much, maybe I should drop her a text message.. Or maybe I should go see her?

I got changed as fast as I could and made my way to Sophia's house which was a fifteen minute walk, it was now quickly approaching 11:00am.

Would she be mad if I showed up uninvited? She could be thankful for me apologising in person instead of a lousy message on her phone.

I was starting to freak out and over think my decision but I continued walking to her house until it was in sight, here goes nothing!

I entered the street and approached her house to hear loud music and singing from Sophia's bedroom, I glanced up to see her and James jumping around, laughing loudly and dancing. I stopped walking and stared in the window at them for a moment, realising how much she didn't need me any more and how much she didn't care about me.

"Um.." Someone muttered behind me, I jumped in shock and looked back to see the girl that Sophia was with on the night I terrified her. She stared at me weirdly for a moment then looked up at Sophia's bedroom window.

"Wait.. You're Zane, Sophia's ex!" She shouted while pointing in my face, I stepped back slightly and stayed silent. I was waiting for her to tell me off.

"Why are you spying on her and James?" She asked.

"What? I wasn't I swear. I wanted to tell Sophia something" I said quickly. Sophia's friend laughed and walked on towards Sophia's house.