Chapter Fifty One // Clouds

- Rae's POV -

There were fluffy white clouds all around me, above, below and on each side. As far as I could see there were only clouds and nothing else, I had no idea where I was. I wasn't floating and I wasn't falling through the clouds either, it was as if they were the ground and I could walk on them without falling to the ground miles below.

I looked around for a moment, there were no sounds around me and it felt like I had gone deaf. Suddenly there was a bright flash of light in front of me, I covered my eyes because it was so bright. It disappeared and I looked across the clouds to see my little sister Gracie. She stared at me for a moment with a huge frown on her face, she looked like she was going to cry. I began to walk towards her to comfort her and ask why she looked so upset but when I got to her she stepped back and lowered her head.

We stood still for a moment before she cried loudly, her head was still lowered and she kept her eyes tightly shut. All I could do was watch her breaking down because she refused to let me hold her, I was extremely confused.

"You need to wake up Rae, I don't want you to die" Gracie said through her shaky breaths.

"What are you talking about? I'm right here" I said as I held out my hand to her, she looked up at me and shook her head quickly. I raised my eyebrows and looked around the land of clouds before realising where I was.

/////

- Gracie's POV -

"You need to wake up Rae, I don't want you to die" I whispered to my big sister while holding her hand tightly and crying by her bedside, my mum left the room to talk to a doctor so I was left alone with sleeping Rae.

"Please wake up, please please please" I begged her while closing my eyes and wishing, suddenly somebody knocked on the hospital door and called me out of the room.

/////

"Please wake up, please please please" Gracie said to me again before crying harder, my breathing got deeper and I felt dizzy. Where am I? What happened to me?

The huge flash of light was back, I reached out to grab Gracie's hand but she disappeared when the light came. I was alone again.

There were loud voices echoing from above me but I had no idea what they were saying, they were distant and faded. I held my hands over my ears as I didn't want to listen, I didn't want to be in this confusing place anymore.

I began to walk slowly around the clouded area which I had appeared in, it was peaceful and safe here. The only reason I didn't like it was because I didn't know why I was here or why my little sister was crying so much. There was no use in walking because it got me no where, everywhere in this place was the same.

I sat down slowly before laying down on my back and staring up at the nothingness, I tried to think about things that were happening in my life but my mind was blank. My friends? Family life? Pets? Hobbies? What were they?

I closed my eyes tightly and concentrated before remembering...

"Elise..."

////

- Gracie's POV -

"Elise, Elise" Rae began to mutter as I walked out of the room, I turned around and looked at her in shock. I glanced back at my mum and the doctor who were talking outside of the room, my mum stared at me in confusion as to why I looked like I had seen a ghost. I couldn't speak because I was so shocked, did my wish work?

"Gracie? What's up?" Mum asked before entering the room and looking over at Rae who was still whispering Elise's name.

////

"Elise" I said to myself again while laying on the clouds. I opened my eyes again and thought harder about more important people in my life..

"Sophia!" I shouted before sitting up and smiling, I was remembering everything!

"Photography, Gracie, Amy, Disney, All Time Low, Iris" I continued to name my hobbies and people in my life before jumping around in excitement, it was all coming back to me now.

Suddenly the clouds opened up above me for the first time, they revealed a huge blue sky. It was the bluest and clearest sky I had ever seen and I could stare at it for so long without my eyes beginning to water. I watched it in confusion before looking down again and noticing that the clouds were glowing just like the flash of light that took Gracie from me.

"Rae?"

"Is she okay?!"

"Rae are you awake?"

Voices shouted from this blue sky which had opened up above me, I smiled to myself for no reason at all. I knew something good was happening.

The flash of light happened again but right beside me, it was the angelic figure I saw in the hospital room not long ago. She didn't say anything for a moment, instead she just smiled widely at me before looking up at the sky where the voices came from.

"Are you ready?" The angel asked, I looked at her weirdly as if I didn't know what she meant.

"Are you ready to join your family again?" She asked a second time, I nodded without hesitation. I thought she was going to bring my family here but instead she held out her hand to me while looking down signalling me to take her hand.

"Where are we going?" I whispered to her.

"Back!"

Suddenly the clouds glowed brighter than before and it didn't hurt my eyes this time, the angel flew towards the blue sky and I followed after her. I looked down at the cloudy land as we flew away from it and into the clear sky. There was a huge flash of light once again and everything was gone, there was darkness for a brief moment.

"Rae? What's happening?"

"She's okay! Look!"

My eyes opened suddenly and I took a huge breath of air like I had been holding it in for months, I looked around quickly to make sure I wasn't stuck alone in a cloudy empty place once again.

Instead of being alone I saw my two sisters, my mum and my dad holding each other while smiling down at me. I looked around the room and that's when I realised where I was before, I was nowhere.

"Welcome back" Gracie whispered slightly before wiping her eyes, everybody in the room began to cry with happiness but all I could do was smile. That was all I wanted to do for now.