Chapter Forty Five // Blankets And Cuddles

- Iris' POV -

"You are grounded young lady for the rest of your days!" Mum screamed as I stormed up the stairs and slammed my bedroom door shut, why can't she just comfort me like a normal parent would do with their child? I get why she is mad, I've been dating somebody who is billions of miles away and they could've been a paedophile. I know he wasn't one though, we were on Skype everyday and I met him! I'm crying like I never have before and she is still screaming at me.

I sat on my bed and took some deep breaths to try and calm myself down, my mum had finally stopped yelling around the house. I began to feel better after focusing on my breathing and not thinking about the situation as much..

"YOU ARE NEVER LEAVING THIS HOUSE AGAIN IRIS, ONLY FOR COLLEGE!" Mum screamed up the stairs and then I took two steps back in trying to stay calm, I cried loudly again and buried my face in my hands.

My phone was continuously receiving messages and missed calls, I had been ignoring all of my friends for a few days now. I just wasn't in the mood to pretend to be okay, I'm the person people go to when they are sad because they think I am always happy. I have to stay happy for my friends, so when I am like this I isolate myself.

My phone continued to vibrate like crazy, I got up and grabbed my phone before answering the call.

"FUCK OFF ALRIGHT?! I CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW" I screamed down the phone without knowing who had called me. I closed my eyes and tried to get my breath back before I realised Sophia was crying down the phone to me.

"Sophia! I'm sorry for shouting I'm just really upset right now I'm sorry I didn't come to town with you today" I spoke quickly while frowning, she seemed really upset at me.

"Rae is in a coma!" Sophia shouted unexpectedly before breaking down even more than she already was, I stayed silent for a moment with my mouth wide open in shock.

"W-Where are you? I'm coming" I said as my eyes began to water, I hung up and put on my shoes as fast as I could. I rushed down the stairs and through the kitchen to the back door.

"Where the hell do you think you're going? You are grounded" Mum said rudely while looking me up and down, I glanced at her for a moment before continuing to walk out of the house. She ran after me while shouting but I ignored every word.

I sprinted to Sophia's house which was quite a distance but I wasn't going to wait for a bus. Everything seemed to be going wrong these days, Rae deserves to be happy and healthy more than anybody.

The weather had suddenly shifted from a lovely sunny day to a downpour, it's like the angels knew it was an awful day.

I made it to Sophia's house after twenty minutes of running, I was exhausted and drenched from the rain. I knocked on the door and waited for a moment before James appeared, his eyes were blotchy and he looked like he hadn't slept in a while.

"Hey" I said quietly, he smiled at me then let me enter Sophia's house. I walked slowly into the house and waited for James to close the door so he could take the lead. He walked into the living room where Sophia was wrapped in a pink blanket while watching TV, I stood up for a minute before sitting down at the other side of the room. We sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes.

Sophia looked over at me and tried her best to smile, I stared at her and almost broke down in tears. She was broken, James glanced at me as if to say "Don't mention how she looks".

"I can't believe this has happened.." Sophia muttered before pushing her hair out of her face, James nodded and looked at her.

"To think that a few months ago she was here having movie marathons with me, seeing her everyday in college, talking on the phone for hours and now she is sleeping and we don't know when she will wake up" Sophia said while blankly staring at the wall, I sighed quietly and played with a bracelet around my wrist.

"You always used to tell me how strong she is, she can beat this" I spoke up and James stared at me in shock, Sophia nodded.

"Rae is the strongest person I know, through everything she still has a smile on her face" Sophia explained while smiling to herself.

"I agree" James added. We sat in silence again as Sophia lost herself in the wall, she wouldn't blink for minutes at a time and I was feeling slightly scared..

"Who wants tea?" James asked as he got up and walked into the kitchen. Sophia looked over at me for a moment before holding her arms out to me, her eyes began to water again and I hurried over to her. I held her for a few minutes as she cried quietly, I wiped her tears and she gave me the blanket to cuddle up in with her.

"I'm sorry for shouting down the phone" I whispered with a frown on my face, Sophia just flashed a broken smile at me and didn't comment on me yelling at her.

"Why have you been ignoring me Iris?" Sophia asked, I lowered my head and shrugged.

"Justin, that's why. I'm so torn about it" I confessed, it felt weird to actually talk about what was going on and how I felt. Sophia reached for my hand.

"You do know I'm here for you, we have to stick together" She said, I nodded quickly and thanked her.

"He is an idiot for doing that, you are so special Iris and I think you deserve the best there is" Sophia said with a huge smile on her face, I held in my tears which were busting to get out.

"Thank you, that means a lot to me"

James entered the room a minute later with three mugs of tea, he handed me and Sophia a cup and I screwed my face up at it.

"What's wrong with it?" James asked with a straight face, Sophia began to laugh.

"I actually prefer coffee?" I said while handing him the tea back, he rolled his eyes and stormed into the kitchen again to make me some coffee.

"You are so evil!" Sophia laughed while hitting me playfully, I nodded before giving her another hug.