Chapter Thirty Two // Blackmail

- Dale's POV -

The sound of engines constantly waking me up every five minutes is not how I expected Iris' birthday party to end and sleeping under a motor way bridge during a storm isn't the way I'd usually wake up after a night of drinking. I barely remembered what happened last night but my face was aching and there were blood stains on my hands, what the fuck did I get up to?

My head was killing me from too much alcohol and I felt awful, I practically slept in a puddle. I sneezed loudly and it echoed around the empty area I was in.

I began looking around for a sign that could tell me where I was but I couldn't see any, there was none or else my eyes were just too blurry to see in the distance.

I got up slowly from the cold pavement where I woke up, I kept my hands on the wall behind me for some support in case I fell over. I stood up straight and stretched slightly, I can stand up without falling.. That's a good thing.

I walked slowly out from under the bridge and spotted a garage not that far away, it was attached to the motor way above almost like a pit stop for lorry drivers who have been travelling for a long time. I took my time making my way up the small hill to the garage, I still had some money in my pocket and also my fake ID. That's when I remembered what happened last night and why I ended up here.

Max and Tim's friends came to find me and they beat the shit out of me in front of Iris and Sophia, in front of the whole club but then I made a run for it.

After a few minutes of walking I made it to the entrance of the garage, it was completely empty inside and the cashier was half asleep. I looked around the sandwiches and grabbed an energy drink which was much needed.

I made my way up to the cash register and set the chicken sandwich and drink on the desk in front of her, she looked up at me and looked terrified.

"Are you okay dude?" She asked me while scanning my breakfast, I shrugged my shoulders before laughing.

"You look awful, no offence" She said before I handed her the money.

"Thanks" I muttered while taking my food and leaving the garage, what a lovely woman.

I aggressively ripped open the packaging around my sandwich and dug into it, I was starving. I had no idea where to go, I know that going back home would be a bad idea because if they find me again I will definitely be killed.

I walked down the hill once again while still digging into my chicken sandwich, it was the best sandwich I've ever had! I dropped the plastic box which the sandwich was in on the ground and didn't pick it up, there are no litter bins around here so what's the point?

"I would pick that up if I was you" An unfamiliar guy said as he passed me, I stopped walking and looked back at the litter blowing away.

"It's gone now, too late" I said while stuffing my face, there was lettuce stuck to my cheek. He looked at me in disgust before moving closer.

"What's your name boy?" He asked.

"Dale.." I muttered and before I knew it he had grabbed me and threw a bag over my head..

~~~~~~~~

I woke up all of a sudden, my head feeling worse than it did before. It was almost as if somebody had hit me over the head with something, there was a ringing sound in my ears.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around to realise my legs were tied tightly to a wooden chair and my arms were tied behind my back, is this a dream?

"Hello? What the fuck is going on?" I said while trying to get free but it was no use because the knots were too tight.

"Dale! What lovely surprise!"

I looked around the dark room anxiously unsure of where the voice was coming from, then Evan appeared in front of me. Evan is a college friend of Max, they have been good friends for a long time and I met him a few times when he visited us in the apartment.

"Evan, what the hell are you doing?!" I shouted while trying to get at him but the ropes restricted me, he crossed his arms and stared at me for a moment.

"I need you to do something for me Dale.. And by doing this you won't be killed by that angry gang who jumped you last night at Oceania" He said with an evil grin.

"How do you know about that? Has Max sent you here?" I asked, I was internally freaking out but I had to keep my cool or else they'd know I'm weak.

"Of course he did, I don't want to spend time with you. I need you to deliver a little bit of Cannabis to a friend of mine not far from here" He explained while pacing up and down, I felt like he was an evil villain and I wanted to laugh even in the most serious situation like this.

"Why would I deliver anything for you? You fucking kidnapped me!" I shouted angrily, Evan stopped pacing around and approached me. He was incredibly close to my face and my personal space bubble had been popped, he lifted his hand and gently wiped some chicken off my face before laughing.

"If you don't do this then somebody you love a lot is going to pay" He said, who do I love? No one.

"I don't love anyone" I said expressionless, I stared into his eyes with so much anger. Evan didn't seem phased by this, it's like he new he could get me to do what he wanted but he was wrong.

"Are you sure about that Dale?" He asked, I nodded quickly.

"Bring her in!" Evan shouted while moving away from me. The guy who kidnapped me entered the dark room with another person tied up hidden with a bag on their head, I stared at them for a moment in confusion before the guy pulled the bag off the strangers head.

It was Leila.

We stared at each other without saying anything, my heart was thumping. She looked even more beautiful than she did last year when she left to go back to Italy.. Wait, why is she here? And why are they holding her hostage?

"Dale!" Leila shouted while trying to get away from the tall man who was holding her, she looked really distressed and her make up was running down her face.

"Let her go, now!" I screamed, Evan rolled his eyes.

"Are you going to deliver it or what? Leila will pay if you choose not to.."

"ALRIGHT! FINE! I'LL DO IT!" I yelled with anger, Evan clapped sarcastically before leaving the room and taking Leila with him.

"Don't do it Dale! You're going to get in trouble!" Leila shouted as they dragged her out of the room, I closed my eyes while trying to hold in the breakdown that was about to occur.