Chapter Eighteen // Laughing Stock

- Elise's POV -

I made my way home from the hospital feeling anxious and extremely sick, this family and friends get together is going to drag and I am not looking forward to it. The sunset was beautiful, and somehow it reminded me of Rae. We opened up to each other and I told her things I haven't even told my school friends, that's how I know she's special.

My house was surrounded with cars and I spotted my mum greeting my cousins as they entered the house. I took a deep breath and approached my mum with a smile on my face, she hugged me and began to ask about my day.

"It was great, all I know is the day will be ruined after this party" I mumbled, mum looked offended.

"I know you hate me inviting Nathan and his family but they are good friends of mine, you and Nathan will be back together in no time" She said trying to comfort me, I stared at her and shook my head.

"I don't want that to happen mum!! I hate him!" I shouted as his dads car pulled up behind us, I groaned loudly and sprinted into the house. I was sweaty and a mess from cleaning all day, I can't let Nathan see me like this!

I ran to my bedroom and bumped into Erin who was wearing a blue sparkly dress, she smiled at me and began to twirl around.

"It's just a family party.. We aren't going to visit the queen" I said rudely while looking her up and down, she ignored me and proceeded to spin around. I locked my bedroom door once I was inside, isn't there a way I could spend my evening with Rae instead of all these people? I'd prefer that than anything else.

I got changed quickly into some jeans and an Elsa jumper with my yellow Doc Martens, I looked fabulous if I do say so myself. I walked downstairs again to see the house crowded with lots of my mums friends including Nathan's family. Nathan was awkwardly sitting on the sofa with a glass of Coca Cola in his hands, he noticed me and looked over.

"Elise can you help me?" Mum shouted from the kitchen, she just saved me from awkward glances. There were lots of bowls with crisps and fizzy sweets in them which I had to take out into the living room where everyone was chilling out. I lifted three at once and made my way into the next room until suddenly I ended up on the floor with crisps stuck in my hair, everyone began to laugh loudly.

I looked up to see Nathan standing over me laughing, he tripped me up! I stared at him angrily while my mum told me off for being clumsy.

"Clean this up Elise!" Mum shouted.

"Nathan tripped me up its his fault!" I shouted back at her, mum looked shocked that I talked back to her especially in front of all the guests.

"I know you don't want to be here right now but do as I say" She said under her breath before apologising to everybody for 'my behaviour'. Nathan watched me pick up the food from the floor and then throw them in the bin, he followed me into the kitchen with an ugly grin on his face.

"What the fuck are you doing Nathan?" I snapped, he shrugged.

"I just like when you are in a bad mood, it's funny"

I rolled my eyes and began to tidy up the kitchen, he stood at the door and watched me for a few minutes which made me very uncomfortable. Can't he just fuck off? I grabbed my phone from my pocket and messaged Rae.

"Who are you texting? Is it a new boy on the scene?" Nathan asked, I looked at him with anger then continued to message her.

"Hey Rae.. How are you doing? This party is awful, Nathan has embarrassed me in front of everyone and my mum is so mad at me. I miss you :(( x"

I looked up again to tell Nathan to piss off but he was gone, thank god. Erin entered the kitchen and looked over at me before twirling, I am in the worst mood and I do not need my little sister showing off her princess dress.

"Would you stop doing that! I don't care!" I shouted angrily at her, she stopped and instantly started crying. Could this evening get any worse?!

"Hi babe! I'm alright I'm not doing much just sitting in silence (so exciting). Go outside for some air and take deep breaths, I promise it'll help. See you tomorrow xx"

"Elise, what did you do to your sister?!"

- Sophia's POV -

I sat alone in my bedroom with the light off and the constant anger feeling in my chest, it never seems to go away. James has fucked up my life, I still can't believe he told Louise about what happened to me last year.. That wasn't up for discussion.

I trust him with my life, he knows every single thing about me and he always promises to keep it to himself. Maybe what he said was true, he needed to speak to somebody about it but he shouldn't have chosen Louise.. I would've been fine with Dale.

James hadn't messaged me apologising for what he did which was a shock. When James does something wrong he will beg and beg until you get so sick of him doing so that you just forgive him in the end. It's not like I have to forgive him much anyway because we never fight.

I just needed something to cheer me up.. Then suddenly my phone lit up my bedroom.

"Hello Sophia:) Iris has told me a lot about you, you seem cool. I would love to visit for Iris' birthday it would be a great surprise and I've wanted to meet her for such a long time. Thank you for this opportunity!!"

IT WAS JUSTIN!

I began to dance around my bedroom then trip over something in the dark, but I didn't care. My birthday surprise for Iris was going to be incredible! She's going to meet her boyfriend and she will be so happy! I smiled like an idiot then messaged Justin back about plane tickets and the dates he should try and be here for.

I am officially the greatest friend in existence.