Chapter Five // Iris

I carried my heavy backpack and sports bag to the train station while humming a random tune, the station is always incredibly busy after college has finished. There are always business men in their perfectly fitting suits looking down on the regular people walking around them, then there's the mothers with over five children and all they do is scream, also the random homeless man who is always drunk even though he talks to every one and is a really nice guy.

I sat down on the cold tiled floor and rested my back against the wall, my train was arriving in ten minutes. I usually miss my train and then I have to wait another half an hour for the next one, my mum gets angry at me because I always get held up and then I miss sitting down with the family for dinner (I'd rather not anyway).

I opened Kik Messanger on my phone and messaged Justin to see how he was today, it's 9:00am for him as it's 4:00pm for us. It upsets me that there are people around me being able to see the person they love every single day, I am stuck seeing mine on a screen. Me and Justin met on Twitter, I'm obsessed with social media.. but not as much as Sophia. I'm pretty sure she has an addiction. Me and Justin have been dating for three months and it's going really well apart from the distance. I trust him and I can talk to him about anything as he is great with advice and he knows how to cheer me up instantly.

The train finally arrived and I ran onto the platform to get first pick at where to sit. In the mornings on my way to college I never get a seat because the train is always so crowded, I hate it.

I quickly sat down on an empty seat as the train got busy, I threw my heavy bags under my seat and checked my phone to find a message from Justin.

"Hi mango!!! I just got to school, Alfie is being a dick today x"

Alfie is Justin's best friend and all they do is argue. They've been friends since they were little and it's mostly friendly banter. I smiled widely at the fact that he got to message me back, I miss him all the time.

"Hello grape, I'm on my way home from college now. Can we skype later? x"

I glanced across the train at all the sweaty and annoyingly loud people who were inches away from me, but then I noticed somebody who was on the opposite side of the train. He was looking out the window so I couldn't properly see his face, he had curly hair, black skinny jeans and a huge grey jumper over him.

IS... IS THAT MATTY HEALY?

I covered my mouth in shock and quickly messaged Sophia as my hands aggressively shook in shock.

"SOPHIA MATTYHE;AL IS ON THE TRAI N HE IS ON MY TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!" I typed quickly without looking at my spelling, I tried to take a picture of him but because the train was so crowded someone stood in front of my view. I looked down at my phone again as Sophia began to message me back while panicking about not being able to take a picture of Matty Healy.

"Are you sure it's him Iris? You are a little bit obsessed with The 1975, you could be dreaming;)" Sophia replied, I rolled my eyes and looked up again to see the train getting more crowded.

A few minutes later it was my time to get off the train, I grabbed my heavy bags and pushed passed the sweaty people I unfortunately had to brush up against. I glanced over at the seat where Matty was to see that he had disappeared, maybe I was dreaming. I blushed like crazy realising how stupid I was acting, why would Matty Healy be on a train?

"Leave me alone okay Sophia!!!!!!!!!!" I messaged her back before throwing my phone in my bag and getting off the train, I live quite close to the train station so it was only a few minutes walk before I was home. Here goes nothing..

I entered the house and immediately heard my mums footsteps coming from the kitchen.

"Iris!! You're back on time!" She shouted with a shocked expression on her face, I nodded and threw my shoes into the corner of the hallway. I followed her into the kitchen where the table was set for dinner and Natalie was sitting on her usual chair around the table, she glanced up at me and smiled evilly.

Natalie is my little sister, she's thirteen years old but acts much older. We don't ever get along and I'm convinced she is Satan most of the time, but of course I get the blame for every argument because I'm the older sister and I should know better.

"Ok so I ditched school, can I Skype you right now?>:)" Justin messaged me back, I almost fell over in excitement while Natalie and mum stared at me like I had four heads.

"You know what? I'm not really that hungry" I said while sprinting out of the kitchen and up to my bedroom, I called him on Skype the moment I got up the stairs. When he accepted the call and I saw his smile I instantly smiled back as billions of butterflies crowded my stomach.

"Hi Mango!" He said as he walked down the street, it looked incredibly sunny today where he was.

"Why did you ditch school? You're a rebel" I said while laughing, he rolled his eyes and continued to walk down the street with fancy cars and houses behind him. I wish I was there.

"School is pointless, I can't be bothered with it" Justin said, I nodded in agreement while smothering myself in a huge pink blanket which my dad bought me for Christmas last year. Justin wouldn't stop smiling and I had no idea why, he's never this happy.

"Why are you so smiley Justin? What's happened?" I asked while staring at him seriously, he bit his lip and shrugged.

"Nothing?!" He said nervously, I raised my eyebrow but he left it at that.

"Iris you better get down these stairs right away and have dinner with us!" Mum shouted as she stomped up the stairs, she stormed into my room and I hid my laptop screen.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked quietly with a strange look.

"N-No one?" I stuttered before quickly closing the Skype tab and then looking over at her again, she grabbed the laptop from me and put it under her arm.

"What are you doing!" I shouted angrily while following after her, she set my laptop in her bedroom and locked the door.

"It's time to eat!" She shouted in an annoying voice before strutting passed me and heading downstairs, I groaned loudly and followed her.