Chapter Eight // New Friends In Unexpected Places

- Rae's POV -

"Dale was completely fucked up on the floor, me and Iris didn't know what to do!" Sophia shouted down the phone to me, she sounded really stressed. I was catching up on all the gossip from the terrible house party which took place the night before, apparently Dale's room mates have been taken to court for selling drugs to teenagers.

"Dale's actually a nice guy, I feel bad for him" I said to Sophia while fixing the blankets on my hospital bed, extremely uncomfortable if you ask me.

"Would I be able to visit you today fairy? I'm missing you a lot" Sophia said with a sigh, I frowned slightly.

"My sisters are coming up later so I don't think so, tomorrow?" I suggested, she agreed and we planned for her to come into the hospital tomorrow afternoon. I hung up the phone and turned on the huge TV which hung on the wall opposite my bed. Being stuck in a hospital 24/7 is draining and tiring, even if I am just sitting around all day.

My door knocked suddenly and I glanced over to see a blonde haired girl around my age peeking through the window, I waved my hand signalling her to come in. She entered the room and smiled at me nervously, I smiled back waiting for her to speak.

"Hi sorry, my name is Elise I'm just here to clean up your room" She laughed nervously, I nodded and watched her for a minute as she picked up some of the rubbish which I tried to throw into the bin but missed.

"I'm Rae by the way" I said with a smile, she looked back at me for a moment then I noticed an All Time Low band around her wrist.

"You like All Time Low!" I shouted in excitement, she began to laugh and then nod.

"They're a pretty amazing band" She said before approaching my bed and glancing around at all the loud machines.

"So, why are you cleaning hospital rooms?" I asked Elise, she sighed.

"It's just voluntary but I'm enjoying it, I've met a lot of lovely people"

Elise continued to clean my room but I felt bad, should I get up and help her? I sat up slowly and lent on the TV remote by accident which made Frozen automatically play. Elise gasped and started to jump around like a child.

"FROZEN OH MY GOD!! IT'S MY MOVIE!" She shouted happily before dropping the plastic bag with all the rubbish in it, I laughed loudly and she looked back at me with a smile.

"You are my new favourite person in this hospital, All Time Low and Frozen? Incredible" Elise said as she picked up the bag and opened my blinds for me, I squinted my eyes slightly before patting the space on my hospital bed. Elise set down her cleaning supplies and sat down on the bed beside me and we began to watch Frozen, I felt so comfortable around her which was weird as I had only met her less an ten minutes ago.

"Who is your favourite character from Frozen?" Elise asked me with her eyes glued to the screen.

"Elsa of course!" I shouted happily, she nodded in agreement.

We began to sing do you want to build a snowman at the top of our lungs while laughing and dancing like five year old children, people who were walking passed my hospital room were staring in through the windows.

"Elise!" Another cleaning woman shouted at the door, we both went silent and I paused the movie. The woman looked mad that Elise wasn't doing her job, but instead dancing around like a child with a cancer patient.

Elise got up quickly and lifted her belongings.

"Thank you for tidying my room up, you need to come back again so we can watch the rest of Frozen together" I said with a smile, she agreed.

"I promise" Elise whispered before holding out her pinky finger, I reached out and we pinky promised. My heart was beating fast until she left, then everything was dull and boring again.

I grabbed my phone quickly and messaged Sophia before my sisters arrived.

"Soph! I just met the greatest girl, she was so bright and lovely to me. You have to meet her!x"

I sat in silence with a smile on my face for no apparent reason, maybe it was because I had made a new friend. I rested my eyes for a moment before my littlest sister ran into my room.

"Rae Rae!" Gracie shouted happily as she jumped onto my bed and gave me a hug, I smiled widely at her and my mum and other sister as they entered the room.

"How're you feeling?" Amy asked, they grabbed a few uncomfortable chairs and set them around my bed.

"Very tired, I made a new friend though so I'm feeling good" I grinned widely while telling them about Elise, how she loved Disney and All Time Low.

"When will Sophia be here? I found another mermaid story book and I really want her to read it to me" Gracie said excitedly, I rolled my eyes. Sophia and Gracie are extremely close because they are both mermaids, trust me. Most of the time when me and Sophia have a sleepover Gracie always joins in and steals her from me! I find it cute though.

"She will be visiting tomorrow if you want to see her. I'm sure she would come to the house and read it to you though, knowing Sophia she would do that" I mumbled and mum laughed. My sisters began to talk about their day at school and how homework was annoying them.

"Jax is really missing you Rae" Amy said while pouting, I sighed.

"I miss cuddling up next to him every night, he is my teddy bear"

Gracie pressed play on the TV and we continued to watch Frozen while singing along to the songs, then I noticed Dale walking up and down the ward outside.

"Mum go get that guy with the cuts all over his face!" I shouted while pointing out the door, Dale looked a right mess. Mum walked out of the room and called him over, Gracie and Amy looked really confused.

"Rae! How you doing gal?!" He shouted enthusiastically when he entered my room, he gave me a hug and sat down. Dale still stunk of beer and his eyebrows were stitched up.

"I'm feeling good but how are you? Sophia told me what happened last night" I asked with a frown, he shrugged and began to laugh.

"It happens, those lads weren't invited to my party so I had to do something" He said while crossing his arms, I nodded.

"You should really go home and shower, no offence.." I said quietly before biting my lip, Dale stared at me blankly for a moment before agreeing.

"I'll see you whenever Rae, bye girls!" Dale shouted again as he left the room and waved to my little sisters. What a guy.