Chapter Eleven // Headaches

- Iris' POV -

~ The morning after Dale's party ~

I woke up from my incredibly long lie in the day after the horrific party, I really needed the rest. My head was thumping from the worry and fear of how Dale and Sophia were.

"Do you have a hangover? I told you not to drink Iris!" Mum shouted as she stormed into my bedroom and began picking my clothes off the floor, I rolled my eyes and ignored her. I decided not to tell her about what happened at the party, she wouldn't let me go to any more of Dale's parties if she knew what went down.

"I'll make you a lovely drink to sooth your hangover headache, my mum used to make it for me when I was a teenager" Mum said with a smile, I groaned loudly.

"I'm not hungover! I told you this!" I shouted before Natalie began to loudly play the drums in her bedroom, she is in a school band and we never get peace from her practising. Looks like I'm going to have this headache all day.

"Please take that horrible make up off your face darling, you look much nicer natural" Mum said as she left the room with the washing basket, since when was I wearing make up? I sat up slowly and was instantly blinded by the sun, I got up and made my way to the bathroom before wiping the mascara stains off my face. I picked my phone up off the floor and checked for any messages, there were quite a few from Justin.

He was worried about me because I hadn't messaged him since last night, I told him what happened but then didn't respond to his support. I called him while brushing my teeth aggressively.

"Iris!" He shouted in his american accent, I smiled instantly.

"I'm so sorry for not calling you, I passed out as soon as I got home" I explained while quickly getting dressed into anything I could find and brushing my hair.

"What're you up to? And why are you awake so early?" I asked while looking at the time, it was 2:30pm which meant it was 7:30am for Justin.

"I'm not really awake, I kept my phone on vibrate so I'd wake if you messaged me" He said as he moved around as if he was trying to get comfortable, I pouted.

"I'll let you get back to sleeping then, thank you for caring" I said with a smile, he giggled slightly.

"Of course I care. I'll message you later, I love you" He muttered before ending the call, I threw my phone on the bed and danced around for a bit. I had no reason to, I guess I just like feeling loved.

I made my way downstairs to have an oddly smelling drink shoved in my face by my mum, I looked at her weirdly and shook my head.

"I told you it's good for hangovers!" She shouted, I pushed it away and walked passed her.

"And I told you that I'm not hungover" I mumbled while walking into the lounge and jumping onto the sofa, do parents ever listen?

The patio door knocked loudly and staring in the window was Dale, he smiled widely at me and waved. I got up from the sofa and opened the door, he was still in the clothes from the party and he looked a mess.

"What the fuck are you doing here Dale? Are you okay?" I asked quietly, If mum saw this she wouldn't be happy. He shrugged and looked down.

"I've been kicked out, I'm fucking homeless" He said with a frown, I bit my lip and looked around the room.

"If you're looking for a place to stay it can't be here, my mum wouldn't allow it and she doesn't know what happened at your party" I explained, I apologised for being a shit friend and Dale left. He told me that his mother hates him so she wouldn't take him in either. I suggested James, they were once good friends and James is a good guy..

"Who was that?" Mum asked, I jumped as I didn't expect her to be standing in the lounge. Dale was still visible in the garden as he was just leaving. I shrugged and thought of an excuse as quickly as possible.

"It was just the.. the post man! He got the wrong house" I said nervously, mum looked out the window and turned her nose up.

"They really need better uniform, he looks like a tramp!" She shouted before walking off, I shook my head in shame.

- Sophia's POV -

"So I have a plan.." I said to Rae on the phone while searching the internet for cheap flights.

"What is your plan mermaid?" She asked enthusiastically, I laughed and continued to search.

"Well as you know Iris' birthday is coming up, so I thought why not surprise her and get Justin over here?" I said while biting my lip, Rae began to fangirl on the other end of the phone.

"Yes yes yes yes!! That is such a good idea!" She shouted excitedly, I nodded in agreement.

"Hopefully it isn't too expensive, but how are you going to get in contact with him?" Rae asked, I smirked.

"At the party last night I managed to steal Iris' phone and get his number, I'm going to message him right now!" I said happily.

I went onto Imessage and thought of something nice to say, I was extremely excited about this. Iris is going to love me forever!

"Hello Justin! This is Sophia, I am one of Iris' best friends (you may have heard of me). Anyway Iris' 18Th is coming up very soon and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get you over here as a surprise! We can put a ribbon on your head and everything;-) What do you think? Text me back and we can sort out prices for your travel"

I sent it and began to jump around in excitement, this is definitely the nicest thing I have ever done for anybody.

"So tell me about the party, how was it?" Rae asked, I sighed loudly and began to tell her about the night from hell..