Chapter Forty Seven // Leaving You Behind

- Elise's POV -

I hadn't moved from my bed in exactly three days, I felt like the bed was swallowing me up because my body had made the biggest indent from staying in one place too long. My room was in darkness and it was almost suffocating to be in it but I couldn't move, I didn't want to move knowing Rae wasn't okay.

Every few hours my mum would tip toe into my bedroom and sit at the edge of my bed, she would just smile at me and then try to open the curtains but I would tell her off.

"I know you're scared Elise but you need some fresh air, you need to eat" She would say with so much worry in her face, then I'd just hide under the blankets.

My parents were letting me take a few days off school and my placement at the hospital because of what was going on, my mum and Rae's mum were now talking daily and she was updating us on how Rae was doing.

My phone was sitting on the desk across the room with hundreds of messages from my school friends wondering why I wasn't showing up to my job.

Suddenly my mum burst into my bedroom minutes after she had already left, it made me feel like she had gotten news or something was wrong. I sat up quickly and stared at her as she paced around my room lifting up the dirty laundry and opening the curtains fully.

"What are you doing?" I asked bluntly while covering my eyes, the brightness made them sting.

"Time to get up" She said while grabbing my hand and dragging me out of bed, my legs felt like jelly when my feet hit the floor. I stood up properly and told her to leave my bedroom so I could get out of my pyjamas in peace. I opened my bedroom window to let some fresh air into the room which was definitely needed. My phone screen continued to light up as I got dressed, Kelsey was spamming me with messages and calls. I picked up my phone and answered her.

"Elise! Finally! I've been calling for days!" Kelsey shouted, I sighed.

"Where have you been? Why haven't you been going to the hospital?" She asked, there was a lot of talking in the background so I speared her the truth.

"Oh nothing really I've just been sick" I muttered as she laughed with the people she was with.

"Right.. Well me and you are having a shopping day this afternoon, it'll make you feel better" She said, most of the time Kelsey makes my decisions for me and I never get a say in anything. I just stood frozen still and closed my eyes because I knew if I told her no she would shout at me for being anti-social.

"What time then?" I sighed loudly while speaking, I walked over to my wardrobe and chose a Disney princess shirt with some jeans.

"In one hour! I'm already in town, meet me at the coffee shop!" Kelsey shouted before hanging up, I rolled my eyes and quickly got dressed. After rushing around my room to grab a handbag and try to make my hair look like it hadn't been neglected for three days I started to feel dizzy, I sat down and took a few breaths until I felt better. I think avoiding food was beginning to take its toll on me..

I walked down the stairs and left the house without saying goodbye to my mum, knowing her she will freak out once she realises I have finally left my bedroom. I made my way to the bus stop and then got off at the first stop which was in the middle of town.

I walked along the busy streets with my head down because I felt more insecure than ever and quite fragile. The coffee shop was in sight and I could see Kelsey sitting at the window surrounded by girls, didn't she tell me it would only be me and her shopping?

I entered the coffee shop to see all of my school friends.. 'The gang'. Everyone turned to look at me when I walked in and Kelsey got up to hug me.