Chapter Twenty Six // Iris' Eighteenth

- Iris' POV -

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!

I'm officially eighteen and my birthday plans were under way, the party at Oceania started soon so me and Sophia were getting ready at her place.

The 1975 were blasting on full volume which meant I was losing my shit and dancing around like a crazy person, Sophia was laughing loudly and filming the whole thing.

We looked amazing, crimped hair, flawless make up and the cutest dresses. I was more than certain that this would be a night to remember.

Suddenly there was a loud horn outside Sophia's house, I glanced out of the curtains and saw a white limousine which was playing music loudly, all of my friends from college jumped out of it and began to cheer and shout.

"Your carriage awaits princess!" Sophia shouted, she held out her hand and I took it before we headed down the stairs and outside to where everyone was. I got plenty of hugs and then we all got into the limousine to head to Oceania.

I could instantly feel the tension between Sophia and James as they awkwardly sat beside each other. Dale started stripping as the limousine drove off and he fell onto James.

"Get the fuck off me Dale!" James shouted before pushing him aggressively, Sophia stared at him in shock and everyone else ignored his horrible mood.

I jumped up and danced around with Dale too, the driver continued to tell us off for not sitting down but it didn't seem to matter because we were having a fabulous time. I pulled Sophia up from her seat and danced around with her too, James crossed his arms and blocked us all out.

When we arrived at Oceania which had a red carpet leading into the club, Dale opened the door and helped all the girls out before tripping James up at the end. This day was not going well for him.

"The red carpet is for you" One of my college friends said, I smiled widely and began to walk it like a movie star and everyone followed after me. We entered the club and suddenly the music shut off and a spot light was on me.. everyone in the club began to cheer and I had no idea what was going on.

My friends ran passed me and joined the rest of the crowd to cheer and sing happy birthday to me, Sophia had the devilish grin on her face again.. This must be the surprise.

"Happy birthday mango" A familiar voice said into a microphone.. No.. It can't be.

I walked further into the club to see Justin standing by the DJ stand with a smile on his face, It really is him! Justin is here!

I began to scream and cry hysterically and he ran towards me and gave me an amazing hug, everybody around us cheered and the music began to play again. I can't believe it, my boyfriend is actually here.

"Surprised to see me?" Justin shouted over the music, I was still crying and I couldn't breathe properly and that's when he kissed me for the first time. The music instantly blurred out, the shouting from the crowds were gone and I was home. He is home.

Sophia ran up to us and squealed in excitement, then I knew she did this for me.

"You are honestly the greatest person, I love you Sophia!" I said with a huge smile before kissing her cheek, Justin also thanked her and then the partying began. This is definitely the best birthday ever.

- Sophia's POV -

Oceania was wild! There were so many people here and they were all being so lovely to Iris and wishing her a happy birthday.

Iris and Justin were on the floor dancing together and having fun, I've never seen her so happy before. Dale was at the bar as usual and James? No where to be seen.

I ran onto the dance floor and jumped around like a maniac while shouting and cheering on the DJ, they were playing the best music. A random bunch of girls started to dance with me, new friends! But then a tall guy pushed through the group who were dancing and chatting with me.

"Stop pushing!" One of them shouted to him, I was too busy dancing around and messing up my hair to the music.

"Sophia! Sophia please!" Somebody shouted, I looked over at the group of girls and then realised it was Zane who was pushing through them. I instantly stopped dancing and stared at him in fear.

"Did you fucking follow us here?" I asked in anger, he was clearly wasted. He had a few bottles in his hands and he was really sweaty. The girls around us walked off once they saw that I knew the drunk mess.

"I'm here with my friends!" He shouted while pointing in the distance, I didn't even bother to look. I stormed off into the crowds again to try and lose him, he is not ruining Iris' birthday.

"Sophia come back!" I heart Zane shout, he wouldn't leave me alone. I left the dance floor and hid in the corner almost behind the bar area, I felt my anxiety creeping up on me again.

Deep breath in..

Deep breath out..

Deep breath in..

Deep breath-

"Sophia! There you are!" Zane shouted, I opened my eyes and jumped in fear. I was in a corner and he was towering over me like a monster.

"Zane, We talked about this remember? You have to leave me alone" I said nervously while holding up my hands to protect myself, he began to down one of the bottles he had and then he tossed it behind him.

"No! I can't leave my soul mate" He said with a drunken grin, the breathing exercises didn't work.. There was no oxygen and I was trapped. He pushed me against the wall and went in for a kiss, I tried my best to get away but he immediately grabbed my shoulders. It's going to happen again. I could feel his breath on my face until suddenly he was dragged away from me and thrown to the other side of the room.. James.

"Get the fuck away from her!" He screamed, he looked like an evil villain who had a break down. His eyes were red and he was breathing aggressively. I could hear it over the music and that surprised me more than anything.

Zane got up and tried to swing his fists at James but obviously failed, he fell to the floor and began to throw up everything in his stomach. James turned to me and I instantly threw my arms around him and began to cry, he held me close for a long time and I felt better. He pulled away from me but kept his arms around me, we stared into each others eyes for a moment.

"I-I love you" James stuttered, my eyes widened and I waited for him to laugh and say it was all a joke.. But he didn't.

"Wait, what?!" I said in terror, I let go of him and tried to move back without realising I was already cornered. James stared at me, he looked terrified but I knew he was telling the truth from the way he spoke and his body language.

"But what about Louise? You love her"

"I know, I did.. Well I thought I did. I crushed on her when I was younger but I always had love in my life, ever since I met you Soph" James said with his head lowered, I continued to deny all this information in my head. This can not be happening.

"I have to go, I'm sorry" I said quickly before pushing passed him and running off into the club.