Chapter Forty Nine // Heart To Heart

- James' POV -

I walked home with my hands in my pockets and my head lowered after keeping Louise company in her appointment at the abortion clinic. She hadn't decided on what to do yet but I promised her if she needed a friend to talk to that I would be happy to help. Louise may have broken my heart and extremely hurt me but she is going through something really hard, I don't want her to suffer alone.

When I approached my house all I could hear was loud music blasting at full volume, I instantly knew Laura was home. I opened the front door and Laura jumped out from the living room with a smile on her face but when she realised it was me her smile dropped.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I tried to shout over the music, Laura rolled her eyes and entered the living room again. I peeked through the door to see at least fifteen people chilling on the sofa smoking weed and singing at the top of their lungs. Where the hell is my mum? She won't be happy with Laura once she sees this.

I walked towards the kitchen and opened the door, Bosley sprinted out and jumped on me. Laura locked him in the kitchen! How rude can she get?! I pouted and bent down to give him a cuddle and he licked my face.

"Let's get you a treat!" I said excitedly to the dog, he began to jump around like he was a puppy again. I entered the kitchen and rummaged through the cupboards for Bosley's treats before throwing some to him and watching him fail to catch them in his mouth.

The front door slammed and I smirked hoping it was my mum about to scream at Laura like she never had before, instead Dale and Leila entered the kitchen and smiled at me sitting on the floor with dog treats in my hands.

"Having fun?" Dale asked while laughing, I nodded and got up from the floor. Leila made herself at home by boiling the kettle for some tea and then sitting on the counter.

They began to tell me about their trip to the police station and that it went better than expected, I watched them push each other around for a joke and laugh loudly. I smiled to myself and then glanced down at Bosley who was sniffing in the cupboard for another treat. I looked up to see Dale and Leila almost eating each others faces off.

"Calm down you two!" I shouted while shaking my head, they stopped kissing and stared at me.

"I'm going for a bath" Leila said before jumping off the counter and leaving the kitchen. My house is literally a hotel now, too many people stay the night. My sister invites tones of people around without asking me or my mum, when mum isn't here I am in charge and Laura doesn't care about that. She is the type of person who does what she wants when she wants and nothing we do will change that.

Dale made me and him a cup of tea, we sat in the back garden with Bosley to get away from the loud and annoying pop music playing in the living room.

"Your mum is going to kill that girl" Dale said while laughing, he threw a blanket over the sun lounger and lay down on it. I nodded in agreement at his comment about Laura.

We sat in silence while sipping on our tea with Iggy Azalea playing faintly from inside the house, I rolled my eyes. The bathroom window was open also, we could hear Leila singing to herself while bathing. I looked across at Dale to see a huge grin on his face as he listened to her sing.

"You are love struck" I muttered, he glanced over at me and nodded. He didn't even deny it which is something Dale always does.

"I really love her, I love her so much" He whispered to me, I smiled and downed the rest of my tea before setting the mug on the grass.

"And she feels the same" I told him, Dale looked at me in confusion.

"She told me when we were rescuing you from prison" I said while laughing, he shook his head in shame. We continued to listen to her humming and singing loudly, Dale joined in and I rolled my eyes. He looked back at me again and caught me in the act.

"Why are you hating on me and Leila? We all know you are in love too" Dale blurted out before smirking, I stared at him with a shock expression. I was about to brush it off and try to act like he didn't say anything but how could I? Everything was beginning to make sense now that me and Sophia had confessed our feelings to each other.

"You're right, I'm sorry" I muttered under my breath, Dale jumped out of the sun lounger and began to dance around and chant.

"Finally! James isn't a cold hearted asshole! He is in love!" He shouted while jumping up and down, I told him to shut up before pushing him onto the chair again.

"Who called me a cold hearted asshole?" I asked him angrily, Dale looked away and sipped his tea like nothing was said.

"But it's true, I love Sophia. I have a lot of shit going on you know? But when she is around it's like everything horrible vanishes and I'm just left with her warm smile and heart warming laugh. Everything about her just makes me feel better" I ranted to Dale with passion, I completely forgot I was talking to my best friend because I was so caught up in thinking about Sophia. My cheeks went the brightest of red when I finally shut my mouth, Dale just patted me on the back before getting up and walking back to the house.

"You gotta tell her man!" He shouted while hopping across the grass in his stained socks, I watched him for a moment.

"Where are you going?" I yelled back to him, he began to laugh.

"I'm off to join Leila in the bath!" Dale said while skipping into the house and disappearing, I shook my head quickly.

"No funny business alright! Not while the house is crowded with teens"

I feel like I am Dale's mother at times but it's almost as if I am because he only listens to me. I lay back in the sun lounger and smiled to myself, I need to tell Sophia everything.

The music began to blast at full volume again and I rolled my eyes, Bosley appeared at my feet while whining for attention.

"Sometime's I think we are the only normal ones in this house" I said to him while stroking his head. Says the one talking to a dog, normal right?